Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 12:49:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:18:48 PM]

[Today at 07:37:19 AM]

[Today at 06:19:06 AM]

[May 27, 2024, 09:56:01 PM]

by PNW
[May 27, 2024, 03:12:21 PM]

[May 27, 2024, 07:56:46 AM]

[May 24, 2024, 10:50:02 AM]

[May 24, 2024, 06:36:26 AM]

[May 23, 2024, 07:06:28 AM]

[May 23, 2024, 06:37:37 AM]

[May 23, 2024, 06:35:15 AM]

[May 23, 2024, 06:29:12 AM]

[May 21, 2024, 04:51:49 PM]

[May 21, 2024, 01:07:12 PM]

[May 20, 2024, 11:40:28 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Hookup section?  (Read 3956 times)

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
I would love to see some rigging tips...perhaps broken down by popular generalized species?  ocean species, warm water species, river monsters?  then just let the threads go from there.  it would be a great place to start...for instance i have never fished for bass...but today while paddling down the Clatskanie river to eat up a few hours i saw 3 different big splashes in the weeds to the sides of the banks i could only assume were bass getting out of my way power paddling...would love to find out, would have to guess at the rigging though.  even bass gear that catches fish in eastern WA would be a closer place start than what "looks neat" at walmart.

All of what you ask is already there.  I don't think it would be any different if specific boards were made.  If you have specific questions, just ask in the Let's Talk Kayak Fishing section.  It's a large topic with many factors.  There are no generalized answers that guarantee success.  It varies by species, bodies of water, time of year, water and weather conditions, etc.  I think if you ask the questions, there will be many member willing and able to provide answers.  But keep in mind that I could tell you where to fish, with what, and when, but until you go out there and do it, there are things your can't discover in writing, and it still might not work for you.  It takes time on the water to learn what works and for you to retain that info.  Ask the questions, instead of trying to figure out the best way to present the answer.

-Allen

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
I would love to see some rigging tips...perhaps broken down by popular generalized species?  ocean species, warm water species, river monsters?  then just let the threads go from there.  it would be a great place to start...for instance i have never fished for bass...but today while paddling down the Clatskanie river to eat up a few hours i saw 3 different big splashes in the weeds to the sides of the banks i could only assume were bass getting out of my way power paddling...would love to find out, would have to guess at the rigging though.  even bass gear that catches fish in eastern WA would be a closer place start than what "looks neat" at walmart.

Given the are you are in, you should absolutely look into bass fishing, but those were probably carp.  Carp are pretty easy to sneak up on and aren't very subtle about how they get away once spooked.  Bass are more eloquent with their movements and less easy to sneak up on.   ;)  There are bass in there though.

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

crabbycabby

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2013

Given the are you are in, you should absolutely look into bass fishing, but those were probably carp.  Carp are pretty easy to sneak up on and aren't very subtle about how they get away once spooked.  Bass are more eloquent with their movements and less easy to sneak up on.   ;)  There are bass in there though.
[/quote]

will probably give a go after work tommrow - 2 minutes from the house to put in at the park. 
Native Slayer 13 propel
Malibu Stealth 14

• Life is analog. Don't be digital.
  • Date Registered: May 2013

Ask the questions, instead of trying to figure out the best way to present the answer.

-Allen

This is going up on my desk at work.

anything