Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:43:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:29:41 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 08:35:26 PM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Alaska mixed bag  (Read 3438 times)

Sea Wolf

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Oct 2013
Stringer of rock fish, cod and flounder after a day out in beautiful AK.
Spent six weeks at Coffman Cove AK this summer - great place to yak fish. Great place for halibut with calm protected water. Very small community, isolated but has all you need including a well managed rv park. Going back next year to spend two months. PM me if anyone is interested in more info on this gem.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 03:34:23 PM by Sea Wolf »

Yaktrap

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
I stopped off at Coffman Cove for an afternoon in early August when kayaking south to Ketchikan. I had a burger and a couple of beers while the midday head passed, the locals were very helpful and entertaining. It's one place I'd like to hang out for longer than one day. I'm hoping to get back there next summer.
Sponsors:
Werner Paddles, RAM Mounts and Kokatat Waterwear

AOTY wins: 2013 (2049 points), 2015 (2026 points)

fishkraft

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
Wow! great fun. Looks like you did well.
Can't beat AK for cold water fishin'.

ruben
Bending Branches Ambassador
Stealth Kayaks ProStaff

Sea Wolf

• Herring
Going to spend a couple of weeks in June in Ketchikan and then on to Coffman Cove July 8 - Aug 25th - it would be great to meet up and do a little fishing. Let me know if you're tempted.

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Nice!  Southeast Alaska seems so distant...even further than points along the west coast when you live in Southcentral Alaska!  Still a dream to get out that way and do some fishing!!!!
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

Sea Wolf

• Herring
I stopped off at Coffman Cove for an afternoon in early August when kayaking south to Ketchikan. I had a burger and a couple of beers while the midday head passed, the locals were very helpful and entertaining. It's one place I'd like to hang out for longer than one day. I'm hoping to get back there next summer.

I think we saw your yak tied up to the public dock. Too bad we missed each other. Next year maybe - PM me if you head that way.

Fungunnin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
POW is on my list of places I'd like to fish. SE is an amazing part of the world and the Mecca of kayak bottom fishing .... In my humble opinion of course.

Sent from my Motorola Flip phone.

kfshr

• Perch
How interesting that you mentioned Coffman Cove. Mike Allen, Dennis Farrier, and I have been taking people fishing there every year, for one to two weeks in early August, for about ten years. That's one of the best kept fishing secrets in the Northwest. Heck, my son Jammer joined us for 2 or 3 years to learn how to catch salmon on fly rods.  Jammer turned out to be one of the best strikers with a fly rod, that I've ever known. You may not know that Coffman Cove Bunkhouse has three or four Hobie Outbacks to rent.

For stream fly fishers, we expected our fishing friends to be hooked up by the third cast, and then to be hooked up continuously for the next 6 days. You can often do very well in 16 ft skiffs. Rock fishing is amazing there. We'll be going back next August. This time I'm taking Jammer's nephew, Jason, to teach him how to fish AK.

Carl Rischer aka kfshr
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 05:31:08 PM by kfshr »

kfshr

• Perch
If you'd like to look around the Coffman Cove area, including seeing the Coffman Cove bunkhouse Hobies  and a fly fishing lesson about how to catch big fish on fly rods ---here's about a 9 minute video we made of the area. Try

Yaktrap

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012

I think we saw your yak tied up to the public dock. Too bad we missed each other. Next year maybe - PM me if you head that way.
I'll catch you next year, there's still a lot of coast on POW Island that I'd like to explore.
Sponsors:
Werner Paddles, RAM Mounts and Kokatat Waterwear

AOTY wins: 2013 (2049 points), 2015 (2026 points)

anything