Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:50:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[May 03, 2024, 05:31:42 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 05:28:58 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:52:48 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Cook inlet is shut down within a mile of shore  (Read 1917 times)

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
New emergency order released. In short the special king salmon zone from ninilchick to bluff point within a mile of shore is closed to all fishing till June 30!

Lame!

akfishergal

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
Disappointing... I don't think I want to drive all the way to Homer to try to find my king. Maybe back to Seward this weekend instead. What's your plan b?

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
I'm gonna hang back again this weekend. My neck (I know, whaa whaa) still is bugging me. I'm not excited to put on the dry suit just yet.  sure wish I could shake this thing

Kenai_guy

• Salmon
  • It's not as fun if it's easy
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
What)??? You Weiners!!! I guess I'll be a lonesome spit rat again.  More halibut for me( I guess.
No matter how many times the PB's tell me I'm nuts....I still smile every time I out fish them

9th place 2014 ORC
4th place 2014 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic
1st fish ever entered & Day 1 Champion 2013 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic

akfishergal

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
Andy -- no need to be lonesome. You should consider coming over to Seward after work on Friday. Dave and I will be camping, and then spending the whole day Saturday (weather permitting) on the water. I intend to fish up and down the whole length of the Bay from Lowell Point to Callisto Head. There were chums -- fatties -- jumping off Tonsina when I was there last week. I left them to the sea lions, but still...   

Matt -- you too... Sorry to learn that your neck is still giving you trouble. But you don't have to don the dry suit for some of what's on offer. That rock wall along the road to Lowell Point is very fishable. The fish processor is working through all those sockeyes from the cost-recovery fishery, and I happen to know that there are some small halibut gobbling up the fish waste just offshore there.

If I thought either of you were coming, I'd bake a cake.

Kenai_guy

• Salmon
  • It's not as fun if it's easy
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Andy -- no need to be lonesome. You should consider coming over to Seward after work on Friday. Dave and I will be camping, and then spending the whole day Saturday (weather permitting) on the water. I intend to fish up and down the whole length of the Bay from Lowell Point to Callisto Head. There were chums -- fatties -- jumping off Tonsina when I was there last week. I left them to the sea lions, but still...   

If I thought either of you were coming, I'd bake a cake.

I was out, until you said cake.  I just might have to come over and join in.  My new dry wear should be in today....must try it out
No matter how many times the PB's tell me I'm nuts....I still smile every time I out fish them

9th place 2014 ORC
4th place 2014 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic
1st fish ever entered & Day 1 Champion 2013 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic

AKS2000

• Herring
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Has everyone given up Halibut fishing in Cook Inlet also?  Couldn't we start at over a mile offshore and then fish for Halibut there? 

I wonder what would happen if we hook a King a mile out and it proceed to tow us inside the 1 mile line, do we have to paddle back out to land the fish?

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
It still doable but you want to plan it right when your a mile out. That current is horrendous then toss in a surprise wind and who knows where your gonna go. Then you could easily hook into a whomper fish and get towed even further out.

I want to but not sure if it's smart. Might have to look at getting the evolve to have some insurance your gonna make it back.

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Has everyone given up Halibut fishing in Cook Inlet also?  Couldn't we start at over a mile offshore and then fish for Halibut there? 

I wonder what would happen if we hook a King a mile out and it proceed to tow us inside the 1 mile line, do we have to paddle back out to land the fish?

Yo AKS2000!!!  I was considering it.  A mile out isn't that far.  If you hook a king out there, I would be amazed.  My real concern about going a mile out is you could hook a big one.  Getting towed is just extra work.  My fear is flipping or doing something stupid when trying to land a 50 plus pound fish into the yak.  I'd go if someone else was out there. 

I need to get more motivated.  It's been a slow year for me so far. 
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

anything