Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:57:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:40:42 PM]

[Today at 02:46:19 PM]

[Today at 01:49:12 PM]

[Today at 11:59:33 AM]

[Today at 11:42:05 AM]

[Today at 11:40:13 AM]

by Spot
[Today at 11:32:10 AM]

[May 28, 2024, 02:01:22 PM]

[May 28, 2024, 01:59:41 PM]

[May 28, 2024, 12:18:48 PM]

[May 28, 2024, 07:37:19 AM]

[May 28, 2024, 06:19:06 AM]

[May 27, 2024, 09:56:01 PM]

by PNW
[May 27, 2024, 03:12:21 PM]

[May 27, 2024, 07:56:46 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: South Sound Meetup  (Read 103217 times)

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Thank You, Ladies and Gentlemen for attending the 1st South Sounders get together. Had a great time listening to all the different advice and the freely given information..

Everything from tents to locations to life experiences, to, well, anything, was discussed around the tables. i think we all took away as much as we gave.. Well, maybe except for Holt.. poor guy, i know that for every question you had answered, you had at least 4 more pop up.

overall a nice, modest start to what i hope is a continuing event for many of us.

So, when's the next one, and who's planning it??  >:D
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

cobrakak76

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Yeah great time last night.  Why haven't we been doing that ??  Good on ya Holt for taking notes...I wish I had done more of that when I started out.  It would have saved me a ton of time, gas money, lure money, and frustration. :-[ :-[
Brian

Drool

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009

Sorry I couldn't make it.

So how many showed?

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Great meeting you guys.  Dumb kid at the front told me that our group wasn't there yet when I arrived and that he didn't have a table available for 10 yet.  WR and SG were already at the table...  Next time I'll know since I know faces now   :)

We had 7 and 3 kids.  (I counted my girlfriend since I always drag her along and she likes to fish more than I do)

squidgirl

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Lee.. if thats the case maybe you can stay home one day and babysit while me and her go fishing. .lol.

Great Time was had by all last night.

Any suggestions where the next one should be or when?

SG
"Life is short lets go fishing"

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
She's not a big fan of fishing from the yak.  She prefers to drop shot from the bank, so I have to drag her out on the water sometimes  ;)

holtfisher

• Lingcod

Any suggestions where the next one should be or when?

That was a fun time last night.  WR, you are correct 1 answer and 4 more questions ;D  It was fun to meet all and have the kids and ladies there. 
The second Tuesday in February is the 9th. I will be glad to volunteer to coordinate.  My suggestion is to have it at the same place and what ever time turns up as most desireable.

What topics come to mind to get on the table informally?

holt 
Hobie Revo, Mirage Drive

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • ADTA.org
uhhhmmm knot tying? rigging a simple anchor trolley? setting up a "columbia river " anchor system [ which is our yak fisher universal "rig the claw anchor from the bottom" system, if you didn't know]

not sure why we never did that before, maybe we've all just been too busy living our lives? bear in mind , NWKA is still quite young, and regionally large, so we've probably taken an inevitable 1st step in it's further development?

holt, thought of this on the drive home last night.. it's a perfect addition to what you are planning; http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php/topic,1231.0.html

i think we're gonna have to rig up a little table flag with an NWKA logo on it. sort of like the club oriented reservation plaques they use in gasthausen in germany and pubs in england. i gotta take part of the blame on the confusion, too Lee.. i should have told the general manager to reserve it under NWKA.. and i didn't for some dumb reason.

anyways, glad you enjoyed yourselves. next one is when, again? whomever is taking charge, pm me your off site email so i can forward the contact info.
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

holtfisher

• Lingcod
uhhhmmm knot tying? rigging a simple anchor trolley? setting up a "columbia river " anchor system [ which is our yak fisher universal "rig the claw anchor from the bottom" system, if you didn't know]

not sure why we never did that before, maybe we've all just been too busy living our lives? bear in mind , NWKA is still quite young, and regionally large, so we've probably taken an inevitable 1st step in it's further development?

holt, thought of this on the drive home last night.. it's a perfect addition to what you are planning; http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php/topic,1231.0.html

i think we're gonna have to rig up a little table flag with an NWKA logo on it. sort of like the club oriented reservation plaques they use in gasthausen in germany and pubs in england. i gotta take part of the blame on the confusion, too Lee.. i should have told the general manager to reserve it under NWKA.. and i didn't for some dumb reason.

anyways, glad you enjoyed yourselves. next one is when, again? whomever is taking charge, pm me your off site email so i can forward the contact info.

WR - Great idea regarding a flag or some type of Marker for the table.  I met a great seamstress last eve with a guy and ordered two pair of fleece socks and a ear cover beanie.  Sounds like she would be a great person to ask to make the table ID.   How about it Squid Girl??? ;D Am sure enough of us would pitch in $ to have a great NWKA marker.

Good call on the kayak cooking book WR, just ordered it.
Will PM you.
holt
Hobie Revo, Mirage Drive

SantaDan

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Oct 2009
Sorry that I missed it. My game got changed from 4pm to 6pm so I was busy calling fouls, travels and out of bounds while all of you were swapping stories. Let me know when the next one is and I'll try to block that day on my schedule.
Dan

holtfisher

• Lingcod
FEBRUARY SOUTH SOUND MEET UP
Second meeting is at same place as first, Farelli's Pizza, Dupont. Shooting for 7:00 or 7:30PM Tuesday February 9, 2010. Let me know if you can make it, which time - 7 or 7:30 works for you (majority rules), and how many in your group so that I can reserve an area for us.  Will try for a quieter area and have it under NWKA.
Bring show and tell, or topic you want to cover.  I'll dink around with a sort of -kinda - loose not so very much of an agenda. ;D.

Does the second Tuesday of each month have reasonabl possibility for those interested in attending? holt
Hobie Revo, Mirage Drive

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • ADTA.org
folks, give him the input you;'d like on this. i have to do jury duty during the 8 feb time frame, since i got no idea what that will entail, holt has stepped up to run it for us.

lets keep a growing and good thing going.
[WR]

squidgirl

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
i am up for either time.

SG
"Life is short lets go fishing"

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
I think I'd prefer 7.

I don't think there is a quieter area though.  We were in the only area they can join tables unless we go into the bar area.

holtfisher

• Lingcod
I think I'd prefer 7.

I don't think there is a quieter area though.  We were in the only area they can join tables unless we go into the bar area.

Does anyone have any other restaurant suggestions that might be more workable regarding ability to visit/listen that could handle 10-15 folks. Thinking Dupont or perhaps a bit north as possibility. 
holt
Hobie Revo, Mirage Drive

anything