Forum > Don't Ask Me How I Know

Trailer recommendations for two kayaks (Revo 13 and Outback)

(1/2) > >>

cjweinhe:
I now have two Hobie kayaks (Revo 13 and Outback). My son is only 10 so it's hard for him to help a lot in loading the kayaks on the roof which seems to be time consuming for some reason.  I decided a trailer would be nice.  I plan to store and transport the kayaks on the trailer.

One option that looks decent is the Malone XtraLight Kayak Trailer.  It's inexpensive and smallish so it should not take up more space than the storage rack I have in my garage now.  I have some J craddles I can use for the Revo 13 which should allow me to strap the kayaks side by side.

Any thoughts on this?

Corey

Trident 13:
This worked well for me, and it folded up if the yaks were in the wall racks.  Capacity was a bit more than the one you're looking at. 
http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=20283.0

It's sold, but they come up on CL pretty regular and for what I needed, did just fine.  I just build some 2X4 posts to hold poles and carriers.

Mojo Jojo:
Shoot me a pm if you want to do something custom with a small used utility trailer... I love welding  :banjo:

cjweinhe:
Are there any trailers that are 4 feet wide and the two kayaks site one on top of each other?  With first kayak sitting on the deck and the second kayak sitting across two bars (arches)?   It would be nice to have removable bars for the second kayak so loading the first is easier. Also, the trailer could then also be used for hauling yard stuff.  Anything out there like that?  I might need to take Mojo up on a custom build.

Nobaddays:
My trailer is a little bigger (5.5 x 9), but I just bought a sturdy utility trailer to be used for hauling all sorts of things and made removable crossbars.  The crossbars can lower until they are right on top of the side rail or can raise about two feet in case I have a load.  I put my outback and revo side by side and it has worked great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version