Forum > Don't Ask Me How I Know

Check your zippers ... don't ask me how I know.

(1/1)

polepole:
Episode 1, not on the water.  After Sunday at the Pac City Kayak Fishing classic, we were back at the campground washing down our gear.  If I still have my dry suit on while doing so, I usually spray myself down to give the drysuit a nice rinsing.  Forgot to zip the fly ....

Episode 2.  While launching at Oakland Bay there was a nice bank that I decided to do a seal launch down, you know, sit in your yak and slide down the bank into the water.  "Something" went wrong and over I went.  Again, forgot to zip the fly ... fried a cell phone and sat there wet in my drysuit the rest of the day.

Think I'll ever do that again?  Probably ...  ::)

-Allen

Fishesfromtupperware:

--- Quote from: polepole on April 08, 2009, 09:04:54 PM ---
Think I'll ever do that again?  Probably ...  ::)

-Allen

--- End quote ---

Three times the charm ;D

Wasn't there film of Episode 2?

bsteves:

--- Quote ---Wasn't there film of Episode 2?
--- End quote ---

Nope I couldn't get to the camera fast enough.  I managed to get film of Zee following shortly afterward, but he actually made it without falling in :angry7:

steelheadr:

--- Quote from: polepole on April 08, 2009, 09:04:54 PM ---Episode 1, not on the water.  After Sunday at the Pac City Kayak Fishing classic, we were back at the campground washing down our gear.  If I still have my dry suit on while doing so, I usually spray myself down to give the drysuit a nice rinsing.  Forgot to zip the fly ....

-Allen

--- End quote ---

Eventhough I had just spent the morning on the water a bit more than green, this is what I usually remember first about that entire day...lesson learned. ::)

ZeeHawk:

--- Quote from: bsteves on April 08, 2009, 10:05:55 PM ---I managed to get film of Zee following shortly afterward, but he actually made it without falling in :angry7:

--- End quote ---

Dat's right money! Growing up skating, surfing, and snowboarding help me stay upright. ;D

Z

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version