Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:24:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 03:59:15 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

by jed
[May 14, 2024, 07:03:59 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Official ORC 2011 Logistics Thread  (Read 25695 times)

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Anyone know a good gluten free batter for frying fish?  SLF is glutarded.

A friend of mine uses GF pancake batter, I think it is the Red Hill brand - he does fish and Abalone with it. A but sweet, tho...

Just saw today at Fred Meyers, they carry Bisquik GF Pancake/Waffle mix.  Add some seasoning and salt, you have GF batter.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Nice find!  Someone's getting pancakes in the morning!

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
My local Fred Meyer leaves something to be desired with their organization skills.  I finally found the Bisquick Gluten Free stuff.  We had waffles yesterday morning.  They tasted great!  Thanks for the tip!  We'll put it to good use at the ORC!

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
Awesome.  Glad to help.  ;)

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
Update:

I have my parents looking into coming down and joining us, and my dad would love to help out with the weigh in station.  Are we going on weight, or length by the way,  I forget.

Also, my next door neighbor is 90% confirmed to be our support boat/photo op boat.  He has a nice Harvey Dory that has been pretty much restored with a brand spanking new motor on it.  He's itching to get it salty.
I'm not sure what his plans are regarding his sleeping arrangements (if any), but he should be allowed to at least eat with us after the floatilla.   I plan to throw some boat gas money his way if he does in fact make it down to do some shutter bugging for us. 

Should have this more in stone closer to the big day.    :icon_thumright:

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
I can bring another canopy.
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

Noah

• Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Update:

I have my parents looking into coming down and joining us, and my dad would love to help out with the weigh in station.  Are we going on weight, or length by the way,  I forget.

Also, my next door neighbor is 90% confirmed to be our support boat/photo op boat.  He has a nice Harvey Dory that has been pretty much restored with a brand spanking new motor on it.  He's itching to get it salty.
I'm not sure what his plans are regarding his sleeping arrangements (if any), but he should be allowed to at least eat with us after the floatilla.   I plan to throw some boat gas money his way if he does in fact make it down to do some shutter bugging for us. 

That sounds awesome! I've got some gas money for him too.

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Update:

Nice work man!  You're racking up some serious karma points!

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
Update:

It's by weight.

See ya on the water..
Roy

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
I talked to Terry about possible passenger or two aboard his dory during the ORC. 
He's an easy going guy, and will more than happy to have someone with a high quality camera shoot pics, while he maneuvers the boat around.
If no takers, he'll do his best to get pics with his digital camera. 

His grandkids come to visit June 1 and leave on the 16th, so he's got that weekend open for us.   :headbang:

Stumblefish

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Hmm, This sounds interesting,something for the guys running this to consider, maybe....
1) I dont have a kayak yet, but might by this event. 
2) if it is here by then I have no wetsuit anyway and dont plan to be in the actual competition..... but....
3) I'm not a proffesional photographer, but I do have a Nikon 13.5mp compact camera that delivers excellent images and an older 6mp canon SLR digital and a laptop.I've done photography since high school. Most of my work is on film. I'm a bit slow on the computer as far as image adjusting, but dropping a ton of photos to disc for copies is easy enough, never done a power point though.

Would be good just to get around and meet up, learn better yak fishing, and the salt water angle.

p.s. i just tried to copy n paste a photo here and it wont paste. grr, I'm not old, my computer is just young.

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
You'd be a shoe in for the seat for sure.
You can get us the on the water shots, and get a chance to be on the water with us to get an idea what it's like.

As long as you aren't a whiny baby, or get sick too easy, Terry won't throw ya overboard.   ;D

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Hmm, This sounds interesting,something for the guys running this to consider, maybe....
1) I dont have a kayak yet, but might by this event. 
2) if it is here by then I have no wetsuit anyway and dont plan to be in the actual competition..... but....
3) I'm not a proffesional photographer, but I do have a Nikon 13.5mp compact camera that delivers excellent images and an older 6mp canon SLR digital and a laptop.I've done photography since high school. Most of my work is on film. I'm a bit slow on the computer as far as image adjusting, but dropping a ton of photos to disc for copies is easy enough, never done a power point though.

Would be good just to get around and meet up, learn better yak fishing, and the salt water angle.

p.s. i just tried to copy n paste a photo here and it wont paste. grr, I'm not old, my computer is just young.

There are at least a couple ways to post photos.

The easy way is to go to the "Attach" function below the dialog box, hit "browse" and find the photo you want (that's already stored in your computer's files). All the photos will show at the bottom of your post.

You can also download your photos in to your own gallery on this site. Once they're already hosted here, you can use the "insert image" button above the smiley icons. This will allow you to insert photos between your text.

Some of the guys also use image-hosting websites like Photobucket. I haven't bothered because it just seemed like another layer to hassle with.

Stumblefish

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: May 2011
You'd be a shoe in for the seat for sure.
You can get us the on the water shots, and get a chance to be on the water with us to get an idea what it's like.

As long as you aren't a whiny baby, or get sick too easy, Terry won't throw ya overboard.   ;D

A sub in 1993 was the last time i was on anything other than a kayak, no history of surface seasick, but on the sub when i was in the Navy, we had the round hull,rolling pitching and the ever fun bobbing up then down , then as a sonar tech ,we faced starboard and watched these fun green screens rolling down.Everyone puked sooner than later.

ps I tried to post earlier with a photo using  "attach" below......it didnt post for some reason. Think the sight is savvy enough to block nonfish photos? >:D

(edit) found why , cant do a tiff  file on the site.see if this works re formatted...

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 07:00:53 PM by Stumblefish »

Yarjammer

• Salmon
  • Captain of the Titanic
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Not to threadjack but... isn't that the Parche?  Must've been an interesting time on a spec-op boat.  I spent five years "pushing" on SSBN/GN-727.  There's a couple of us bubbleheads on here.  I'd love to talk used-to-fish with you.  If you're average size or slightly smaller I can loan you a pair of neoprene waders, then you just need to come up with a top.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 09:45:56 PM by Yarjammer »