Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:53:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

by jed
[May 14, 2024, 07:03:59 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Kayak Fishing 101 At Next Adventure  (Read 8619 times)

ndogg

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
The paddlesport center is located at 704 SE Washington Ave, Portland OR.  It is right in the corner of 7th and Washington.  Hope to see you there. 

Ranger Dave

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
The paddlesport center is located at 704 SE Washington Ave, Portland OR.  It is right in the corner of 7th and Washington.  Hope to see you there.

Thanks ndogg. I plan to be there and will be coming from Vancouver. I'm still new to the forum, but have been checking out a lot of yours and other folks posts. Very informative. :icon_thumleft:
Retired Army - 67N/67V/67R/15R

squidgirl

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
I will be there on monday night.. Unfortunatly due to some bad news about his mom . WR had to fly back home to PA..

His mom is doing better. but shes got a long road ahead of her..

see you guys on monday

SG
"Life is short lets go fishing"

Ranger Dave

• Salmon
I will be there on monday night.. Unfortunatly due to some bad news about his mom . WR had to fly back home to PA..

see you guys on monday

SG

While I don't know anyone from the forum yet, sorry to hear WR had to travel for bad news about his Mom. In the next line, I did just notice that she's doing better, so that's good. Hope to meet some of you guys Monday night and will more than likely still be stoked as I'm picking up my first Kayak tomorrow morning. ;D

The Nothing

• De nihilo nihil
  • Sturgeon
  • De nihilo nihil
  • YakFish@IOL
  • Date Registered: May 2009
I was at the first, and plan on being at this one as well.  First one was great!
~Isaac
Blog 'YakFish
ProStaff NRSJackson Kayak | PK Lures | YakAngler

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
It looks like all three members of the Next Adventure Fishing Team will be in the house Monday night so there will be plenty of opportunity to have questions answered.  Sir Beer and Dr. Pizza have also agreed to attend.   ;)

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Jammer

• KayakFishingOregon.com
  • Sturgeon
  • Kayak Fishing Oregon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
....pizza and beer.....yummm. Looking forward to seeing you guys tonight.
JMR
• Stohlquist • Team Daiwa • Yakima Bait Company

2015 Hobie Fishing Team "Top Gun"
2012 Hobie Worlds Team USA - 19th place
2012 Oregon Rockfish Classic – 1st place
2010 Oregon Rockfish Classic - 1st place
2010 Cape Dis. Dungie Tourney - 1st place

KAYAK FISHING OREGON
www.youtube.com/jmrischer

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Since I haven't been out in a few weeks maybe I need to come and hear some motivational speaking. Count me in.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008

see you guys on monday

SG

While I don't know anyone from the forum yet, sorry to hear WR had to travel for bad news about his Mom. In the next line, I did just notice that she's doing better, so that's good. Hope to meet some of you guys Monday night and will more than likely still be stoked as I'm picking up my first Kayak tomorrow morning. ;D

Thanks for the well wishes. Enjoy the get together. They can be a real blast.
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

Ranger Dave

• Salmon
I'll be hosting another Kayak Fishing 101 at the Next Adventure Paddle Sports Center on Monday, August 22nd from 7pm to ~8pm.

Come learn about the basics of kayak fishing and meet people from NWKA as well as the great peeps at Next Adventure!

Hope to see you there!

It was my first Kayak Fishing 101 at Next Adventure, or anywhere for that matter, but judging by the 50-60 folks in attendance, I'd say it was a sucess. I found it very informative from the fishing aspect and Team Hobie (Jeff and Mike were the only two Reps I met) were very informative in answering Hobie related questions about their Kayaks and accessories. Thanks for a great presentation guys and to the folks at Next Adventure.

sunfish

• Perch
  • happy fishing!
  • my photography web site.
I had a great time last night, learned a lot of things.  I will be saving my money for a Kayak for next year.    It was great to meet rawkfish and squidgirl.  I hope to see you guys more often next year.   the presentation was great, humorous at the end, and very informative.   

Hopefully some day I get back into Kayak fishing, for now.  Gotta focus on Life.

C_Run

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
Thanks for the great presentation and it was good to meet a few folks from the forum. I picked up several tidbits of knowledge to fine-tune my fishing efforts. I'm definitely going to invest in some of those "floaty" gadgets soon, especially for my knife. 

The surf launch clinic sounds good but I won't be able to go this time.

Thanks again.

Chris

Dray

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
The clinic was great; thanks for all the info...and the PBR.  I'm new to this site and to kayak fishing so I had a bunch of questions that you answered. 

Just wanted to say thanks
Dave

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
A huge thank you to everyone who came out!  I think the count was somewhere over 45 people! 
Sorry about the lack of pizza btw - there was a bit of a glitch with that.  I'm also sorry that I wasn't able to chat with everyone that came out but I hope to see you on the water soon!

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Nice work Jeff.   You certainly dished out a lot "extrememly important"  "what not" on safety, rigging and techniques and I think the attendees got a lot out of it.   

However... I don't remember signing a release for you to use my likeness in you talk :).  Don't worry, I'll settle for digital copies of the images for my own use.  I really don't have many good ones of me on the water.

Brian
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

anything