Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:14:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 AM]

[April 26, 2024, 02:11:19 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Anyone up for a water taxi trip?  (Read 3623 times)

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Id like to get out, way out and do a  two,three or four day trip. At least 2 nights. Im thinking maybe late july/august? Maybe head out to Day harbor out of seward. That shouldnt cost too much. Im open to other areas as well. Maybe even go to valdez.

This of course is in its early planning statges and dates are real flexible for me. But if you guys get serious and want to do this, I ask that you be reliable when the time comes. This is a trip I dont want to do solo!

I guess for right now lets hear the maybes or the Im in's amd when would you like to go

Should be able to get silvers, chums, pinks, lings, halibut and who knows what all.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 10:33:42 PM by rimfirematt »

Kenai_guy

• Salmon
  • It's not as fun if it's easy
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
I'm in if the dates match up. 

Maybe we can take a gun and shoot a bear too!
No matter how many times the PB's tell me I'm nuts....I still smile every time I out fish them

9th place 2014 ORC
4th place 2014 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic
1st fish ever entered & Day 1 Champion 2013 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic

akfishergal

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
Love the idea. I'll see if there's any interest from my better half -- and whether timing works out. When are you thinking about doing this?

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
Im thinking end of July early August

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
I'd seriously consider it. Just needs to match my travel schedule and kids schedule.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4sr1iu
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

BearToothClaw

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011
I would totally be down for it. How far away is Day harbor? I would be also be willing to do the water taxi part and I could also play mother ship. I talked to akfishergal out on the water this weekend and it was one idea we discussed briefly. But I am totally down for it! I should have a pretty flexible schedule by that point too.

akfishergal

• Salmon
I sure like the way Matt's idea is being received -- let's keep working on this. With 4-6 weeks planning time, we should be able to make it work for everyone. The only thing that limits our calendar right now is a scheduled houseguest (naturally) from August 1-10.  I know, that's right in the middle of the time frame under consideration. 

Day Harbor is the next bay north of Resurrection Bay, on the opposite side of the Resurrection Peninsula. It's not very far at all -- just feels wild and remote compared to Resurrection. I think there are two state marine parks within the bay there, if memory serves.

Another destination to consider would be Ester Island, out of Whittier.  That's at the mouth of College Fjord and Port Wells, in north Prince William Sound -- lots of protected, fishy waters there.  The rate card I've got from the Whittier Water Taxi has a group rate (up to 6 people) of about $700 for the boat, RT to various points around Ester Is. 

I think Kenai_Guy is heading to PWS for a trip this summer already.  He probably has more information about sites to consider.   

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
Let's get the date figured. What about July 26-29?

akfishergal

• Salmon
I'll run those dates by Dave -- I'm on the way to the cabin now to rendezvous with him this evening. Celebrating our 32nd anniversary under the midnight sun.  Amazing, isn't it? I'll check back tomorrow...

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
Congrats! Thats awesome. From the way you guys act together (at least from what I've seen) it's truly inspiring

Kenai_guy

• Salmon
  • It's not as fun if it's easy
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Just checked my schedule....I can't go unless there is cake involved.

July 28-30 and Aug 8-14 are bad for me
No matter how many times the PB's tell me I'm nuts....I still smile every time I out fish them

9th place 2014 ORC
4th place 2014 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic
1st fish ever entered & Day 1 Champion 2013 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic

akfishergal

• Salmon
Oh, there's going to be cake. We're going to make this work ... Dave and I are in -- it's just a matter of logistics. Before July 28 or after August 14 --- we can figure something out, right?

BearToothClaw

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011
Lets rejuvenate this thread!

If the interest is still out there I will be available for 3 Aug-6Aug to do mothership/ water taxi duties. Well as much as my Cataraft and 15hp motor can do. I will definatly be out on the salt somewhere during this time frame.

Hooper

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Nov 2010
Dang, you guys, you're making me drool. It's something I've always wanted to do. In fact, it's on my bucket list. I know I can't make it happen this year, but I'm glad other guys are thinking the same way. My wife thinks I'm nuts when I bring up stuff like this. Maybe I can soften her up and she'll let me go sometime soon. Hmmm...I plan to hike the Chilkoot Trail again when I'm 60, maybe I can starting mentioning that and a trip like you guys are planning the same summer. "But Dear, we're going to be up there anyway!"
I'd like to read a complete report with pictures when it's all done if it's not too much trouble.

akfishergal

• Salmon
Oh Shoots, BearToothClaw -- those dates are smack dab in the middle of one period when I can't get away this season.  I hope you guys manage to pull something together, though. You should be able to get to Day Harbor without any difficulty -- and there's so many areas I'd like to explore in through there. 

Have you had that PA12 out yet?