Forum > Washington Kayak Fishing

Steilacoom - 9/5 - open invite

(1/2) > >>

codeman:
A few of us Oregon guys are heading up Tuesday morning for a day of flat-fishing. Weather looks great, tides don't matter much there. We're planning on meeting in the parking lot at the launch under the the ferry dock at 7am. However, we fish a few hundred yards to the east out in front of Sunnyside park, easy to find us, so no need to arrive when we do. Would love to have any join us, and meet some new yak friends.  I would anticipate fishing to be excellent. An avg 8 hr fishing day there should produce 60 - 100 fish. A dozen species or so possible. If you've never done flatfishing before, it's super easy, fish are willing, and they fight great on light gear. Most species are delicious as well!

[WR]:
How'd it go ?

codeman:
Haven't gone yet.  We're heading up there on Tuesday. I'll make a post with results on Wednesday.

MonkeyFist:
I'm in.
Coming from Corvallis.
Same bait & tackle as Nisqually?

SD2OR:
Hi low rig with night crawlers worked best when I was there.
Super fun light tackle action. Didn't catch anything big, except sharks (a super fun fight on 10# test), but SO many tasty fish, and quite a few species. Super mellow launch, with fishing grounds just a few mins away. Wish I could go!

Have fun guys!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version