Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:57:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:50:07 AM]

[Today at 07:06:28 AM]

[Today at 06:37:37 AM]

[Today at 06:35:15 AM]

[Today at 06:33:32 AM]

[Today at 06:29:12 AM]

[May 22, 2024, 03:13:08 PM]

[May 21, 2024, 04:51:49 PM]

[May 21, 2024, 01:07:12 PM]

[May 20, 2024, 11:40:28 AM]

by [WR]
[May 18, 2024, 04:51:53 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 08:35:26 PM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: fishgator News  (Read 4222 times)

floatin cowboys

• Lingcod
  • UHMMMM Pizza!!!
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Check out this site. Fun place to spend a little time. And a they have a kayak area. www.fishgator.com

Allan was the riddlers name Jeff? I just read an article from the east that mentioned the "riddler".

Also for those that don't know there is another site called
    www.fishhoo.com  You can sign up and get a weekly email with new fishing websites. Some are kind of fun. Thats how I found out about FG
We may live without poetry, music, and art
We may live without conscience and live without heart
We may live without friends, we may live without books;
But civilized man cannot live without cooks

FishGator

• Krill
  • Webmaster: FishGator.com
  • FishGator Fishing News
  • Date Registered: May 2006
I appreciate the mention!  If anyone nows of additional kayak fishing websites that we can incorporate into our aggregator, please be sure to let us now.  We're hoping to promote those sites, and kayak fishing is one area that really interests me.  I don't do it yet, but everything I've read so far makes me want to run out and get one...

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
Welcome Fishgator!

Can you tell us a little more about your site?  Yes, run now and go get a kayak!!!   ;D

Floatin cowboys, yes, The Riddler's name is Jeff.

-Allen
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 09:35:24 AM by polepole »

FishGator

• Krill
  • FishGator Fishing News
Sure , Allen.

Fishgator is essentially a giant fishing news resource.  We use RSS feeds from fishing sites all over the internet, meaning we publish snippets of articles written by other people and then link back to their article so the reader can finish the story.  That way, by coming to Fishgator, you can find specific information a little more cleanly than on a Search Engine, and even read a little better description of what you're clicking on before you get there.  And the websites we get the stories from should see an increase in traffic, since the reader PROBABLY can't read the whole story at our site, and will click through to the original site if they are interested.  I say probably because some RSS feeds publish the whole story, but most don't.  We can't control how much we show.  That's all up to the author.

And unlike search engines, the listings update every hour, meaning we will always have the most current info we're aware of.

So if you all know of good kayaking blogs, etc, we can publish their feeds, so you all will be able to see all the latest kayaking articles in one place, then go visit them at your leisure...

FishGator

• Krill
  • FishGator Fishing News
BTW, we've added a free photo hosting section, too, so if you're looking for a place to host your kayak fishing photos online, you're more than welcome to do so...

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
Thanks for the offer FG.  A photo section here is one of the next things I'm working on ... oh let's see after getting the derby planned, and editing/writing a few articles for the front page so there is more meat to our content, and doing a couple of articles/interviews for some local mags, and getting an advertising system up for derby sponsors, ... the list is long. >:(

To hell with it all, I'm going fishing.   ;D

-Allen

FishGator

• Krill
  • FishGator Fishing News
You saved the best plan for last... :)

FishGator

• Krill
  • FishGator Fishing News
Did a little bit of an appearance overhaul to make the navigation a little smoother.  I like the colors better too.  Let me know what you think :)

anything