Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:44:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: 2010 ORC photos  (Read 13557 times)

Yarjammer

• Salmon
  • Captain of the Titanic
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Here's some random pics from Thursday, Friday, and Saturday...

Yarjammer

• Salmon
  • Captain of the Titanic
Here are some more random pics, these are from the Saturday evening's potluck and award ceremony...

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
The wife was right!  I look like a safety cone in a room full of bowling pins, with my flamming orange hat.   :laughing7:

Said she could spot me anywhere in camp as long as I had it on. 

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Drool

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Guys,

It was great to meet you all, I had a real blast this weekend.  I am still flying high.  Extra special thanks to those that planned and organized - the event came off without a hitch thanks to your hard work.  And super extra special thanks to whoever controls the weather.

I posted some pics on my facebook and you can find them here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=178897&id=589802423&l=4719ad5c46

I did cop a few photos from this thread to show my friends, hope that's ok.  If you're on facebook, feel free to friend me!

Cheers,
Rory

Great collection of pics there, Roy Rory.  Wish I could have fished Sunday too.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:02:15 AM by Drool »

jself

Soooo jealous. Looks bad ass fellas. GF is still barfing :( Really enjoyed meeting everyone though. That was my main goal.

Love the company, but lesson learned. Next year I will be sans GF.

Nice ling Yarjammer!

J

Was wondering what happened to you.  Sucks man.  Hope she's feeling better.  You're a saint of a boyfriend.  I probably wouldn't have done that, but that may explain why I don't have a girlfriend!

Unfortunately, that may be the second time I've made the right call in our 12 year relationship. She's spent a lot of hours watching me winter steelhead fish. I definately made the right call.....I had to pull over 3 times on the way home for her to barf!

I'll be contacting you WA boys next time I head up to the SJ's. Would love to get out fishing with you guys.

Also going to try and hit Depoe Bay in the next few weeks. That place was SICK! I'll post a heads up when I go if anyone wants to join.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:50:14 AM by NANOOK »

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Yeah, Depoe Bay fishery is definitely healthy.  I spent maybe 90 minutes actually fishing, and landed 3 keeper fish, as well as releasing 2 more fish, and probably another 6-8 hits (many resulting in tail-free grubs!)

jself

especially considering how many nice fish were caught with 30 dudes in the same 1 mile radious....

Rory

• Sturgeon
  • Rory's Internets Audio Blog
  • Date Registered: Jan 2010
Also going to try and hit Depoe Bay in the next few weeks. That place was SICK! I'll post a heads up when I go if anyone wants to join.

Yeah, let me know.  I definitely want to go back this summer.  It's a bit of a haul but worth it.
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

jself

It will be in the next month for me. After mid July, I'm booked until October. Will be in the SJ's July 15-19 if anyone wants to meet up. Guding a sea kayak trip, but I'm not lead on this one so I could in theory do some fishing. The following weekend I have the BCU 4* training, then the following weekend the 4* assesment....mid August I might have some time too.

J

FishSniffer

• Lingcod
  • Hobie Mirage Adv., Outback SUV, OK Scrambler XT's
  • Midcoast Chapter of Northwest Steelheaders
  • Date Registered: Apr 2008
I look like a safety cone in a room full of bowling pins, with my flamming orange hat.

So where'd you get it?  I lost my flag in the first hour due to a faulty bracket.  But I could see you a mile away.  Think I'd rather have the hat than the flag!

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
I look like a safety cone in a room full of bowling pins, with my flamming orange hat.

So where'd you get it?  I lost my flag in the first hour due to a faulty bracket.  But I could see you a mile away.  Think I'd rather have the hat than the flag!

I've got a few of the Blaze orange hats from my hunting past.  You can also get a band that attaches both ends with velcro so you can just wrap your favorite fishing hat. They are pretty cheap.   I used to use one for bow hunting for walking to and from the stand. Most sporting goods stores sell all of the above. I hadn't thought about using it for yak fishing until now.  Thanks Insayn. 
- Craig

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008

I picked it up at one of the closeout sales that "Joes" was having. The particular store was up near Mt Vernon Washington.  Was slim pick'ens, but the hat stood out like safety cone there too.  I think Cabela's has them as well.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Yarjammer

• Salmon
  • Captain of the Titanic
Are we really tapped out on photos already?

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
I've got a few more... got a little distracted though. I'll get them up soon.

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

hydrospider

thanks to all for the great documentation of what was clearly a great time.
inspired and looking forward to more photos

anything