Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:59:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jed
[April 29, 2024, 05:39:20 PM]

[April 29, 2024, 08:40:31 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: WTB Hobie mirage drive for 2004 mirage  (Read 1066 times)

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
  • A bad day of fishing is still better than a good d
  • Date Registered: Sep 2018
Hey folks I found this old 2004 Mirage being sold locally, minus the drive and seat. Seat is easy to find, but I am wondering if anyone may have a drive they want to sell?

Thanks

Kevin aka Squidder_K
US Army & Army National Guard Veteran of 34 years
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans!," FOB Danger, Tikrit Iraq 2005
Boston Sports Fan since 1967, I have seen the highs, and the lows of Boston sports teams.
aka Kevin

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I’m wondering if it was accidentally removed from someone’s roof rack without there knowledge with the seat and drive stored safely inside?!  Just saying I’d want to find out without a doubt that it’s not hotter then a $2 pistol. Not that buying one unknowingly makes the buyer a bad guy, just throwing my $0.02 in there. Also I can’t help ya pops has a drive he don’t use but ain’t parting with, he has an electric troller, which is another way you could go.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

bogueYaker

• Lingcod
  • Pace the halls and climb the walls
  • Date Registered: Aug 2019
I’m wondering if it was accidentally removed from someone’s roof rack without there knowledge with the seat and drive stored safely inside?!  Just saying I’d want to find out without a doubt that it’s not hotter then a $2 pistol. Not that buying one unknowingly makes the buyer a bad guy, just throwing my $0.02 in there....

It was made nearly 20 years ago, easy to imagine it becoming separated from its drive and seat in a legal manner. How would you find out w/o a doubt that it's not stolen?

@Squidder_K: Can't help you, but good luck!

moistfish

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Jun 2021
For what it's worth I have a 2006 Hobie Outback I'm looking to sell that has both the seat and the drive!
Old Town Fishing Team
Next Adventure Kayak Fishing Team

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
  • A bad day of fishing is still better than a good d
  • Date Registered: Sep 2018
That thought has crossed my mind as well, but the seller works where I work, and Uncle Sam frowns on us having records of any kind.  Now who he bought it from????  I do plan on running the hull number just to make sure. 
US Army & Army National Guard Veteran of 34 years
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans!," FOB Danger, Tikrit Iraq 2005
Boston Sports Fan since 1967, I have seen the highs, and the lows of Boston sports teams.
aka Kevin

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I’m wondering if it was accidentally removed from someone’s roof rack without there knowledge with the seat and drive stored safely inside?!  Just saying I’d want to find out without a doubt that it’s not hotter then a $2 pistol. Not that buying one unknowingly makes the buyer a bad guy, just throwing my $0.02 in there....

It was made nearly 20 years ago, easy to imagine it becoming separated from its drive and seat in a legal manner. How would you find out w/o a doubt that it's not stolen?

@Squidder_K: Can't help you, but good luck!
Well since the buyer is known to S_K not an issue there….but I’d say if you called local PD with a serial # (provided they actually “want” to do something about it) then post up a partial # say … on here, the Hobie forum, and a quick Internet search to see if something was recently reported stolen. Can’t see anybody sitting on a stolen kayak fir any length of time. But remember crackheads be crackheads, keep it cabled!

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Are you imitating me for fun or to be mean Mojo?  You're overthinking this I think.  If the Squidder wants to ensure a clear conscience, one call to local police would be enough.

I'm in the market for a used Outback and when I ask "What year is it?" no one seems to know - they know when they bought it - and I have to tell them where to look on the hull to find the manufacturing year.  So, even if it was a stolen hull, maybe one in 100 people would know the serial number, unless it was a brand new boat and they had dealer receipts or were like me: totally anal about keeping receipts long after I've used-up and thrown out whatever it was I bought.  And if it was the second or third or fifth owner, the original receipt is long gone.

Squidder, you might look on the Faccebook Marketplace for a drive unit.  There was a V2 drive for sale last week, claimed to be what was left after the Revo was destroyed in an automobile accident.  Wasn't of interest to me, but I remember it being rather reasonably priced.

Good luck in your search.
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

anything