Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:28:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 26, 2024, 08:38:44 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 02:11:19 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout 9 donations  (Read 2537 times)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Mack's Lure has come through big time again this year. Their support for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout is a foundation that we build on every year and are stoked to have them back.

Mack's Lure is a Northwest staple that has been putting fish in boats for many years. This history and the knowledge of many professional and avid anglers alike helps them to constantly create and upgrade their products.

They are anglers themselves and interact with the fishing community on a regular basis. Listening to what anglers are asking for and creating ties through a shared love of the sport which is one of the reasons their products are so popular. The other reason is that their gear catches fish!

The donation is for a box full of assorted Mack's gear as well as (3) $100 gift certificates for their online store found here https://mackslure.com/

You can also find their gear at local sporting goods stores.

With this generous donation we will be able to do the Mack's Lure Challenge again this year. You may use any Mack's gear that you already have or received from the swag bags. Take a picture of the fish you caught with the Mack's gear in the pic and submit it with the rest of your fish. The angler with the largest points fish using their gear will win a special prize. It's that easy! You were going to be fishing anyway lol.

Thank you to the whole Mack's Lure team for the great donation and support.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 12:39:32 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Super happy to have Stealth Rod Holders now known as Stealth Mode back at the Brownlee Crappie Shootout.

This is a family owned company that I am a field staff member for so I use their rod holders a lot. I have no problem holding smaller crappie rods while trolling with their QR 1 Holders and will switch over to the QR2 's when using larger gear for catfish or sturgeon.

I like to think of their company and the BCS growing together as they are one of my very first product donors to send gear for the BCS 1 prize table only months after they started their business. Awesome people to work with and great products.

I have not had any problems with their function in the last 9 years and have only had to replace the rubber Cam Grip Straps as they will degrade over time and exposure to the sun. It is a quick and simple change out that can be done in a few minutes. Even if the strap breaks on the water the rod holder can be used as a regular holder to finish off the day.

"Our patented Grip System is designed to grip your rod handle to keep your gear secure, but only release when you pull up to set the hook."

The donation is for a pair of their QR1 Holders and a pair of the QR2 holders.

Visit their online store at https://stealthmoderodholders.com/ or if you are lucky you may be able to have some available locally. I have found them randomly at a bunch of shops.

The QR1 accept rod buts that are an inch or less in diameter and the QR2 holders can be used with larger diameter rods.

Thank you to the Begin family and whole Stealth Mode crew for the support!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 07:24:41 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Awesome safety prize alert

Please welcome a new sponsor ZOLEO to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout prize table.

I have been reading about this gadget and it is pretty neat. Safety is our top concern as kayak anglers and outdoors men and women and ZOLEO is a product that will add some insurance to your next adventure.

At ZOLEO, we're dedicated to revolutionizing the way people communicate and stay safe, no matter where they are in the world. As a joint venture between Beam Communications Pty. Ltd. and Roadpost Inc., we combine our expertise to offer affordable global messaging connectivity and a reliable safety system that you can always depend on — from the moment you venture beyond cellular coverage to your return.

Our mission is to provide an intuitive and seamless global messaging experience, whether messages are transmitted using satellite, cellular or Wi-Fi networks.  We believe that everyone should have access to reliable communication and safety tools, and we're proud to offer an award-winning solution that makes it easy for people to stay connected and stay safe, no matter where life takes them. Join us as we reinvent global messaging and set a new standard for connectivity and safety when venturing off the grid.

If you win this prize, I will send ZOLEO your name, address, and phone number and they will send you the device directly.

Research more about their products and the whole program at https://www.zoleo.com/en-us

Thank you for the great donation Kate!

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Bob's Jigs has been a constant supporter of the Brownlee Crappie Shootout and we are happy to have them back with us this year.

Bob puts out a massive amount of plastic and hair jigs for crappie. He is from Richland so he knows what works at the venue but his lures will work for crappie any where. I know anglers on the West side of the State that have done well using Bob's Jigs.

His site https://www.bobsjigs.com/ has everything from the classic plastics to new designs that are giving heavily fished slabs something different to try. Sometimes it is small changes in style or presentation that will trigger bites so it is better to have a little bit of everything just in case.

My computer has a little trouble accessing the pages on his site but I have found if you drag and drop a page into the new tab area it works great. He has some crazy looking baits on this site and I think it would be fun to try some new styles out.

Bob sent a sampling of his gear for some lucky swag bag recipients.

Thank you for the continued support Bob!

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
B'n'M Pole Company is back with a great lineup of rods for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout 9.

If you have ever watched a crappie tournament you will know who B'n'M  Poles are. They are the leading manufacturer of crappie rods in the world and many professional anglers rely on their gear to bring home a pay check every week.

With this much pressure to produce quality rods, B'n'M responds with a large line of rods specific to style, conditions, and situations. They also understand that with the need for several different rods they have to deliver the best product at the best price point for the recreational angler.

Their rods start at $12.99 and go up from there depending on how serious you want to get. The also offer catfish rods, rod'n'reel combos, and merch on their site https://www.bnmpoles.com/

The donation consists of 5 rods in 3 different styles.

1 B'n'M Ultimate 10' 2 pc medium action rod
Buck’s Ultimate - Our Premium Rod! Strong backbone with superior tip action. Super Stiff Action. Gray wrapped EVA handle. Bright Blue Rod. One-Footed Aluminum Oxide guides. Spinning Guides for superior casting ability. 7.2 oz 10 ft

2 SHSS72N Sam's Super Sensitive Rods 2 pc 7'2" 4-10# Jig Pole
The SHSS72n is a spinning rod with the same sensitivity and feel of the jig pole series. Improvements include Dyna-Flo guides for smooth line retrieval, and a cork knob handle for outstanding balance and feel. Historically one of the most popular rods on the water, the SHSS72n is still supple, strong and sensitive.

2 TCB65 Leland's TCB Series Rod 2pc 6.5' Ultra Light 2-6#
This is meant to be a crossover rod for Trout/Crappie/Bluegill and is the rod I would probably choose to fish with. I like the UL action but it seems to have enough backbone to be able to handle larger fish. It is super light and would be a rod you could throw all day. I think it would be super fun to catch slabs with this one.

Thank you Chad for hooking us up for a great donation.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Please welcome Skeleton Optics to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout 9 prize table.

Skeleton makes very nice polarized sunglasses in styles that will fit your style on and off the water. These high quality sunglasses incorporate Zeiss Lenses that are the best in the business. Zeiss has over 170 years of experience and are always upgrading their products to take advantage of the newest technology.

The Skeleton frames are made in Italy. They are very comfortable to wear and sits nicely on your face. We took these glasses out to the lake to give them a test run and the did not disappoint. The polarization cut the mid day glare and allowed us to see down in to the water with ease. All three glasses performed well with similar results.

The build on the frames felt solid and I believe they would hold up well with normal use. The lenses were clear and provided full protection from the sun. I preferred the wrap around style of the Renegade as it offered protection from the sun rays bouncing off the water below and from the sides.

The have some special edition frames in some pretty cool colors and patterns on their site at https://skeletonoptics.com/

These sunglasses were made for fishing but looking awesome off the water is a big bonus. I know I need all the help I can get!

The donation is for 3 of Skeleton Optics most popular sunglasses.

1 Decoy Special Edition Tractor Green

1 Scout in Black Out Black

1 Renegade Wolf Grey Edition

---------------Give Away----------------

This is such a great donation that we thought it would be cool to have a give away before the BCS so watch for the details in the near future on the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Facebook page.

Thank you for the sweet donation Brad!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 04:58:54 PM by jed »