Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:31:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by [WR]
[May 18, 2024, 04:51:53 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 08:35:26 PM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Cold Cohos!  (Read 4116 times)

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Here's another video of the coho madness out at the mouth of the Klick for ya'll!

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
You are smooth as butter Jeff.

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Sweet!!!!  The background almost looks photoshopped in.  Surreal in a way.

How you stay stone faced when you are getting hit is beyond me.  I know when I get a hit, some chemicals are released inside that cause me to twitch and do all sorts of stupid stuff!

Thanks for sharing!
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com

How you stay stone faced when you are getting hit is beyond me.  I know when I get a hit, some chemicals are released inside that cause me to twitch and do all sorts of stupid stuff!

Thanks for sharing!
Trust me Rudy, that's all only skin deep. Inside I'm bouncing off the walls like an eight year old kid on a binge of Halloween candy.
And I totally agree on the background. One of the reasons I like fishing there so much is that the backdrop is straight off of a postcard.

2011 Angler Of The Year
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Well I'm NEVER playing poker against you.

And yah like Mark implied, we are going to start calling you "butter" because you are smooth and on a roll!!!  lol. Stolen partially from ESPN.
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013

Thanks for sharing!

Maybe he's just frozen that way  :o :laugh:  Considering how I've reacted so far with just flounder and a small rockfish, hate ta think what would happen with a salmon.  Everyone around would be amused, I bet...

Jim
Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”

Jammer

• KayakFishingOregon.com
  • Sturgeon
  • Kayak Fishing Oregon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Nice video Jeff. What was going on with that first fish? Did it come off and another jump on?
• Stohlquist • Team Daiwa • Yakima Bait Company

2015 Hobie Fishing Team "Top Gun"
2012 Hobie Worlds Team USA - 19th place
2012 Oregon Rockfish Classic – 1st place
2010 Oregon Rockfish Classic - 1st place
2010 Cape Dis. Dungie Tourney - 1st place

KAYAK FISHING OREGON
www.youtube.com/jmrischer

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
Nice video Jeff. What was going on with that first fish? Did it come off and another jump on?
It was charging the kayak but I thought I lost it, which is why I looked pissed. This is why I ALWAYS reel fast if I don't feel the fish on the line anymore. Sometimes it's because the fish threw the hook but other times, like this one, the slack is created because the fish is swimming right at me. This same thing happened in my recent video from this summer at the shipwreck.

2011 Angler Of The Year

Ranger Dave

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Retired Army - 67N/67V/67R/15R

newprincipal

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
dude...you rock.  Nicely done. 

MurseStrong

• Lingcod
  • 2009 OK T11 2016 Hobie Revo 13 2018 Hobie Revo 13
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
I like how you teased that first fish into jumping right into your net. Nice catch! I'm looking forward to the day I troll with the rod in my hands so I can feel that first bite. That sure looks like fun.
Hugh
If You Know The Answer, Ask Bigger Questions

"You are killing me, fish, the old man thought. But you have a right to. Never have I seen a greater, or more beautiful, or a calmer or more noble thing than you, brother."
-The Old Man and the Sea

crackergraham

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Oct 2014
That looked like an awesome outing... Lots of bites, beautiful setting.  Great stuff!

Looks like one if the smaller kone zones... Is that right or just the fisheye lens?
--—•—--
2nd Place 2015 Salmon Slayride
6th Place 2015 AOTY
5th Place 2016 AOTY
--—•—--

Skidplate

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2012
Nice vid!
Question about your transducer though, it looks like you got a new 2015, but it looked like you are using the ram mount over the side instead of the built in transducer pocket. Why?
My wife thinks fishing is merely guys wandering around like idiots swinging sticks in the air. Many of my trips prove how smart she really is.

Kyle M

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
That's just a super awesome video Jeff.  Thanks for posting.

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
Thanks everyone! Glad you enjoyed it!

Nice vid!
Question about your transducer though, it looks like you got a new 2015, but it looked like you are using the ram mount over the side instead of the built in transducer pocket. Why?

Unfortunately the side-scanning signal is greatly attenuated when the transducer is mounted in the Lowrance Ready Mount system.  It is a shame because I don't like using an over-the-side transducer mount, but optimal images provided by the side-scan outweigh the inconvenience of the transducer mount. 

That looked like an awesome outing... Lots of bites, beautiful setting.  Great stuff!

Looks like one if the smaller kone zones... Is that right or just the fisheye lens?

I use the standard sized flashers that Konezone makes, the 6" and 7.5".  The smaller ones would have worked just fine that day too though.

2011 Angler Of The Year

anything