Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:20:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:45:55 AM]

[April 26, 2024, 02:11:19 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Stealth 460 fisha  (Read 2716 times)

YAKalicious

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Hi, I haven't been on here in years..   looks like I'll be getting a new setup this fall and have my eye on the Stealth 460 fisha.  Curious if anyone around here has one on the newer stealth fishing skis and what they thought of them.  I'll be using it for ocean jig fishing as well as trolling areas like the lower Chetco and Rogue during steelhead and salmon runs in winter...  I'm kinda a lightweight so only a couple of their kayak range will work for me...  maybe I'm an odd ball though cuz in looking around here everyone seems keen on the peddle drive yaks...  Thanks for any input..

YAKalicious

• Krill
http://stealthkayaks.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Stealth-Kayaks-Fisha-460-Brochure.pdf  Here is a brochure link for reference.  The ones being imported have a rear flip hatch as well as 2 extra straight rod holders located behind the rear flip hatch..  guess it's the upgraded USA version...

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
I just sent Reuben a link to this thread. He fished out of a stealth, should be hitting the Rogue bay a few times in the next few weeks and definitely the chetco bubble.

I'll be in my pedal Revo :)

fishkraft

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
Hah! thanks for the invite to fish the Chetco bubble, Crash. Do I have any other plans I don't know about? :toothy9:

Regarding the Fisha 460, I love mine, super stable, super fast, super light. Handles foul weather REALLY well. I absolutely love the HUGE fish hatch. It's really convenient to have all your gear stowed right in front of you. I never worry about breaking or losing gear during surf launches and landings anymore. I think YAKaliscious may be misinformed about the extra rod holders behind the rear hatch and the twist-lock hatch itself. I believe both are upgrades for an extra cost, not standard. Check with Dan at Headwaterskayak.com to be sure. The type of fishing you mentioned is exactly what I do and the ski works perfectly for it. Do you have specific questions? I'm happy to try to answer them. Lots of pics and a couple vids on my FB and IG

P.S. If you buy one and happen to be fishing the Rogue (or Chetco apparently) when I am I'd be happy to transport it.

ruben

http://www.stealthkayaksusa.com/kayak-range/fishing/fisha/fisha-460/#.WXzWZDOZPdQ

http://www.stealthkayaksusa.com/product-category/kayaks/page/2/#.WXzX7DOZPdQ
Bending Branches Ambassador
Stealth Kayaks ProStaff

YAKalicious

• Krill
Hey thanks!  not sure I really have any questions.  I've wanted one of their skis for years, so have research them fairly well.  I guess your answer was really what I was wondering.  Seems like most folks love them.  I'm glad I got delayed getting one cuz I would of probably ended up buying the 575 pro fisha before but with the 460 fisha coming out it seemed better suited to my body and to the areas I was looking at.  Now I just gotta wait a couple months to save up..

YAKalicious

• Krill
And thanks for the invite part of rezorecting this account was to find some buddies to go out with from the area.....  safety and all that stuff...

Michael

Voodoo Child

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Apr 2013
I can't say enough about these ski's. I fish both the Fisha and Pro Fisha. In the 460 both are about the same speed on
flat water but the Pro Fisha may be a better choice for you if you are spending more time ocean fishing.
You may want to put a a chafing strip on contact areas for river use. Safetytac or Safetytac 2.0 are good products.
If you have specific questions please feel free to contact me.
                                                               Tim