Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:35:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:45:55 AM]

[April 26, 2024, 02:11:19 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout 8  (Read 8613 times)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
RAILBLAZA sent a great prize pack to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament this year.

Railblaza offers a wide range of products for your kayaks or power boats at https://www.railblaza.com/

They focus on holders of all kinds as well as transportation solutions for all your needs.
Their "Hold Everything" motto can really be appreciated by kayak anglers that have lost gear over the side so be sure to check them out.

Donation consists of:

1 C-Tug R Kayak and Canoe Cart
1 Hexx Fish Finder Mount
1 R-Lock Camera Boom 600

Thank you David for the great prizes

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Team Crappie sent an assortment of their crappie catching lures to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament 8 this year. Everything in this pack will increase your chances of bring home the buckle.

Their lures are well made with sharp hooks and attention to detail. They are at the top of the list when it comes to catching panfish so be sure to check them out at https://ttiblakemore.com/order/

The only thing that really wears out is the soft plastics. This happened to me when I found a school of aggressive Smallies that tore the curly tail off after a while. I threaded on a Mini Hammer and went back to work. These lures catch fish!

Thank you for the support Ron.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Bioenno Power sent a powerful donation to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament prize table and raffle. I have only heard great feedback from anglers that have used these units and they would recommend them for powering all of your kayak needs.

The donation include (3) 12V,20ahLFP batteries with chargers.

From their site at https://www.bioennopower.com/

"The Bioenno Power Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Battery Model BLF-1220AS is a state-of-the-art 12V 20Ah battery. Meeting and exceeding the power of a 12V 40Ah SLA at only 7 lbs. for our unit as opposed to 33 lbs. for an SLA, this AS variant offers reliable quality performance in a standard ABS form factor designed to be the ultimate drop-in solution. Ideal for hard use, this ABS version has seen extensive use in science, powering critical avionics on sail planes with additional applications covering e-bikes, e-scooters, radio communications and audio-visual. The battery has an integrated PCM (protection circuit module) which provides complete internal cell balancing, complete integrated protection along with integrated charge circuitry and boasts no EMI/RFI (Electromagnetic Interference/Radio-Frequency Interference) and is absolutely quiet! This unit has available a 110VAC/220 VAC AC-to-DC charger, that provides 4A with Alligator Clips. Please note that this battery should be charged using a LiFePO4 compatible charger, and not a charger for SLA batteries."
Voltage: 12V
Capacity: 20Ah
Case Type: ABS Sealed
Charge/Discharge Connector: Screw Terminal
Maximum Continuous Discharge Current: 40A
Maximum Peak Discharge Current: 60A (5 sec.)
Max Power Delivered to Load at 12V: 480 Watts (12V x 40A = 480 Watts)
Dimensions:(L x W x H) 7.2 in. x 3.2 in. x 6.7 in. (182 mm x 77 mm x 171 mm)
Weight: 5.8 lbs. (2.6 kg)

Thank you very much for the donation Kevin!

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Very happy to have a local company back on the donation list this year. Smokehouse Products sent a fantastic donation this year.

Up for grabs at the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament 8 will be a Big Chief Smoker.

This is smoker you grew up with and probably the one you used to smoke your first salmon. It was for me. Smokehouse is located right here in Oregon and has been producing top quality smokers in Hood River since 1968.

These are straight forward, simple to use and hard to get wrong units that only requires you to plug in and you are smoking.

The Big Chief Front Load Smoker includes... Smoker, of course, with 5 Easy-slide Chrome plated grills, electric cord, drip pan, and wood flavor pan,
Free bag of Smokehouse Alder Wood Chips, and
Free Recipe Booklet and complete operating instructions.
Smoker Size: 24-1/2" H x 18" W x 12" D
Capacity: Smokes up to 50 pounds of meat or fish.
Ventilation: Engineered for premium smoke ventilation for premium smoke circulation and proper dehydration.
Safety: Smoker comes with UL and CUL certifications.
Consistent low temperature setting using a 120V, 450W heating element for approximately 165 F.
Easy to use... plugs into standard household outlet and has easy to use wood chip flavor pan.
Construction: Durable, embossed aluminum construction that is also lightweight, easy to transport and easy to store.
2 Year Warranty: Guaranteed to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of 2 years.

Visit https://www.smokehouseproducts.com/collections/smokers to find their full line of smokers, wood, brines, mixes and even recipes.

Thank you Smokehouse Products.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 12:14:55 PM by jed »

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
This is already a crazy amount of prizes - awesome work, Jed!

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
This is already a crazy amount of prizes - awesome work, Jed!
Thanks Capt. glad you will be able to make it out this year. I have about 38 sponsors so far so I'll have to increase the rate of my posts to get them all in.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Stoked to announce that Werner Paddles will be joining the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament 8 donor list in 2023.

They have offered up a Camano or Shuna Hooked paddle to a lucky angler. These are locally made paddles of the highest quality with great customer service located in Monroe.

I have been using the Hooked Camano for years now and can vouch for Werner's products. A few year back I found myself having to paddle up river on the Columbia to my launch site after my drive broke. The Camano made short work of the run and propelled my Outback with little problem.

Werner offers many different paddles for all applications and types of boats at https://wernerpaddles.com/

Thank you Brogan for the great prize and local support.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
YakAttack will be joining the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament 8

They donated (5) $20 gift codes that may be used on their online shop at https://www.yakattack.us/
YakAttack carries a huge amount of gear and accessories for you to deck out your kayak. Chances are if you are looking for components or ideas, YakAttack has what you need.

If you are looking for a product immediately, Idaho River Sports just got a huge shipment of their gear in just in time for Spring.

Check out the YakAttack site at https://www.yakattack.us/  or come in to the IRS shop at 601 N Whitewater Park Blvd for boats and accessories.

Thank you for the support Taylor.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Big Hammer Lures sent an assortment of lures to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament 8 this year.
Big Hammer Lures makes soft plastics for every application. Their larger swimbaits are a staple for lingcod, cabezon, and rockfish in the ocean and their smaller offerings are made for bass and panfish.

They have a great selection of sizes in just about every color pattern you could hope for. Matching the hatch is always possible with these Big Hammer.

I used their 4 inch swim baits weightless in Hawaii to catch large mouth bass in the reservoirs in the morning then for giant trevally in afternoons in the ocean. Last summer I used the Mini Hammers on a Road Runner to put the hammer on a bunch of Smallies. They are versatile baits that attract fish in any situation.

See their full lineup at http://www.swimbait.com/home.htm

Thank you Pete for the great donation.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Immersion Research sent the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament 8 another great prize pack. This is another fantastic local company that supports our PNW kayak fishing community with great products and donations.

Located in Hood River, they understand the demanding conditions that the local weather and water poses and built their gear to withstand the elements. Keeping you safe and comfortable on all of your adventures so be sure to check them out at https://immersionresearch.com/ Plus they are super cool people to work with.

The donation includes:

1 Saw Briar Wading Pants
https://immersionresearch.com/collections/paddling-pants/products/saw-briar-wading-pants

1 K2 Union Suit
https://immersionresearch.com/collections/base-layers/products/k2-polartec-power-grid-fleece-union-suit-base-layer

1 Highwater Hoodie
https://immersionresearch.com/collections/hoodies/products/mens-highwater-hoodie

Thanks again for the support Max!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 07:43:11 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
P-Line sent some prizes to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament again for 2023.

The donation is 10 300 yard spools of their 6lb CX Premium Hi Viz Line. This line is thin and super strong but easy to see with very low memory.

While P-Line is known as a maker of premium monofilament and braided fishing line they are not limited to just that. They offer a huge amount of baits, tools, tackle, and accessories for many fishing applications. Salt and fresh water, crappie to halibut. They have it all at https://p-line.com/

Thank you for the great donation Thomas.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Petzl will continue to support the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament 8 in 2023.

PETZL offers the very best in lighting and safety equipment for athletes and professionals. Their Headlamps are super light and bright making them a good choice when working or fishing. I have several different models and believe they are some of the best lights on the market.

They also make a whole line of rock and professional climbing gear. Fall protection is a huge concern when you are in an elevated position and PETZL has you covered at https://www.petzl.com/US/en

The donation includes 4 Tikkina 300 Headlamps.

"With 300 lumens of brightness and uniform, comfortable lighting, the TIKKINA® headlamp lights up your evenings under the stars! It's just as good for reading in your tent as it is for getting around the campsite or hiking. It's easy to use, with a single button and a symmetrical headband for adjusting the size. Compact and lightweight, it slides easily into your pocket or a backpack, so you can take it with you anywhere. TIKKINA® comes with 3 standard batteries and is also compatible with the CORE rechargeable battery, thanks to its HYBRID CONCEPT design."

Thanks again for the great donation Steven.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
LaCrosse Footwear sent a prize pack to the BCS this year.

The pack consists of a LaCrosse shirt, hat, and Alpha Can Cooler. Everything you need to relax after a long day on the water.

LaCrosse makes shoes, boots, and waders as well other outdoor gear and accessories. Check them out at https://www.lacrossefootwear.com/

Thank you for the donation LaCrosse Footwear.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 06:03:14 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Malone Auto Racks came through big time this year with a monster donation to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament 8.

Malone offers products that helps with every aspect of kayaks and other sporting gear transportation and storage. They make solid racks, carts and even trailers that will hold up to many years of use.

"Malone Auto Racks is a privately owned rack accessory and leading sports trailer company located just outside Portland, Maine with a track record of 20+ years of industry leadership and innovation. Our products are sold in over 2,500 retail stores located throughout the United States, Canada and Europe.

Operating from the Coast of Maine has helped us stay true to our mission and value system. Everything we produce must be Affordable to Buy, Easy to Install and Simple to Use. All of our products are built to enhance our customers' enjoyment of the outdoors while minimizing their carbon footprint."

The donation consists of:

-1 Malone Wide Trak SB Cart-
Specifications:
Load Capacity: 250 Lb (90kg)
Frame to Boat Contact Width: 24"
Dimensions: 14"(length) x 33"(width) x 16"(height)
Frame: Marine Grade Anodized Aluminum
Padding: 1.75" Diameter Foam

-1 Malone Wide Trak Cart-

Specifications:
Load Capacity: 250 lb (115 kg)
Frame to Boat Contact Width: 24"
Dimensions: 14"(length) x 33"(width) x 16"(height)
Frame: Marine Grade Anodized Aluminum
Padding: 1.75" Diameter Foam

-2 Malone Striper-4 Fishing Rod Carrier

Features:
Holds four spinning style rods & reels
Universal fit for most styles of load bars
Fully padded tip clamp to protect the rods
Key lockable to provide theft resistance
Two lengths of mounting bolts for improved fit
Lifetime Limited Warranty
Check out their site  at https://maloneautoracks.com/ and I have also seen their gear at many local sporting good stores.

Thank you for the great donation Malone gang!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 06:04:05 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
JobSite sent a box full of goodies to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout Kayak Fishing Tournament 8 this year.

JobSite is part of a family of brands under the ManaKey Group. Together they offer products that span from boot dryers to floor mats and insoles. JOBSITE focuses on work site and outdoor safety and comfort offering boot dryers, scrubbers, mats, and other shoe care accessories.

JobSite sent 4 of their Mighty Dry Boot Dryers for the event.

Features
-FAN POWERED WARM AIR – Designed to dry wet boots, shoes, gloves, hats, or garments fast with warm fan-forced air.
-Temperature 98-110 F; Heater 200 watts
-HELPS PREVENT BACTERIA – Naturally deodorizes and prevents odors caused by perspiration and bacteria while helping to prevent growth of fungus or mold. Dry times: Warm-up (15 mins); Damp (30-60 min); Wet (1-3 hours)
-ON / OFF TIMER – Run timer up to 3 hours allowing you to control dry time while you're away or overnight, no need to worry about over-drying
HEAVY DUTY - Sturdy base allows you to use dryer with all types of winter boots, work boots, waders, rain boots, tennis shoes, ski boot liners, gloves, hats and accessories safely without over-drying
TRUSTED BRAND - Includes a 2 Year Warranty

You really need a boot dryer if you live in the PNW. Check out all of their brands and products at https://jobsite.manakey.com/

Thank you for the awesome donation Rox.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 03:11:01 PM by jed »