Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:43:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Oregon Rockfish Classic 2017  (Read 14564 times)

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find many reliable public shitters on 26, which is indeed a big part of the reason why I am extra careful prior to undertaking a trip out that direction... There's one that I am aware of that CANNOT be relied upon https://www.tripcheck.com/TextPages/CAMdetail.asp?camRoute=US26&camName=US26%20at%20Sunset%20Rest%20Area/2310 It was 0 dark 30 on my journey out to seaside for some clamming and let's just say the coffee was running through quickly. Imagine my horror when the only rest area for 20 miles in either direction proved to have a locked door.
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find many reliable public shitters on 26, which is indeed a big part of the reason why I am extra careful prior to undertaking a trip out that direction... There's one that I am aware of that CANNOT be relied upon https://www.tripcheck.com/TextPages/CAMdetail.asp?camRoute=US26&camName=US26%20at%20Sunset%20Rest%20Area/2310 It was 0 dark 30 on my journey out to seaside for some clamming and let's just say the coffee was running through quickly. Imagine my horror when the only rest area for 20 miles in either direction proved to have a locked door.

My remedy to shituations like unnecessary public restroom locked doors is to go anyways.   8)
Just roll down the top of the paper bag that my McDonalds breakfast was delivered in so it stays open, and drop my present inside. 
Then just leave it in front of the door (after I race horse the door) for when they feel like unlocking it.
They seem to be ok with this as I haven't had any complaints yet, and I still find doors locked.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014

This is a timely question though, since I was contemplating writing a guide for rating the public shtitters of Northwestern Oregon. As a morning guy, this is near and dear to my heart when i am out fishing.

I would fully support this in any way I can.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Do you have many data point on Highway 26?  Mine are mostly Highway 6, 30, and 18 as well as a few coastal launch sites and the Troutdale McDonalds.  ;D

Be careful which coat hook you choose in this Highway 6 gem.;)

Spot has all of the information you are looking for.

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008

My remedy to shituations like unnecessary public restroom locked doors is to go anyways.   8)
Just roll down the top of the paper bag that my McDonalds breakfast was delivered in so it stays open, and drop my present inside. 
Then just leave it in front of the door (after I race horse the door) for when they feel like unlocking it.
They seem to be ok with this as I haven't had any complaints yet, and I still find doors locked.
Locked doors are a funding & staffing issue. Can't hire workers without the funding. Think about that the next time you feel like pissing on the door.  :police:

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011

Locked doors are a funding & staffing issue. Can't hire workers without the funding. Think about that the next time you feel like pissing on the door.  :police:

2012 ORC 5th Place

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
You guys really need to learn how to squat behind a tree.  There are lots of pull outs and logging roads along 26.  Just remember to burry your mess when you're done.

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
You guys really need to learn how to squat behind a tree.  There are lots of pull outs and logging roads along 26.  Just remember to burry your mess when you're done.

-Mark-

Bury it? 

Do bears bury their poo?  Nope! 

There are road side restrooms available for the human......open or not.   ;D

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!

-Mark-

Bury it? 

For those who don't know that you're being funny.... One of the major reason that public restrooms are shutdown at certain hours is because of vandalism.  So, satisfying as it may be to display the urgency of your frustration, it only makes matters worse.

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!

Spot has all of the information you are looking for.

And if you want to keep reaping the benefits of this knowledge, you'll stop telling other people that it exists.... ;)

-Mark-

Sponsors and Supporters:

Tournament Results:

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Your turdfu is strong, I concede. Also, why don't you go before you leave the house.

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon

-Mark-

Bury it? 

For those who don't know that you're being funny.... One of the major reason that public restrooms are shutdown at certain hours is because of vandalism.  So, satisfying as it may be to display the urgency of your frustration, it only makes matters worse.

-Mark-

And in one swoop of the keyboard, you have become far too "adult" for this conversation.  :disgust:

Clearly nobody should ever take me seriously regarding how to deal with locked restroom doors.

Of course I don't do that kind of nonsense, as I'm a planner with checklists and timelines and take locked restrooms into consideration before I leave my house.  I go before I leave and if I drink coffee or other liquids along the way, the urge to weee will only keep me from falling asleep at the wheel until I get to my destination.  I can prairie dog for a farely long time, so that's not usually an issue either.  :happy8:

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
This is all very pertinent info for ORC 2017

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
This is all very pertinent info for ORC 2017

No... not really.   :grommit: