Forum > Introduce Yourself

Yep, another newbie

(1/2) > >>

cddunn:
Hi all, Chris here, new to Kayaking.  Got the Tamarack.  Haven't mounted my fish finder, or modified a golf bag cart for the carrier yet.   So far it's pretty light, but I'm accumulating stuff at an alarming rate, ha. Took a class on the Willy and have paddled around Vernonia Lake and Lost Lake (Clatsop) so far.   Hoping to hit up the Tillamook water trails soon.  My SO has her own Pelican.  Hope to see y'all on the water some time.  I'm out near Gales Creek, OR and usually fish the back half of the week.

hdpwipmonkey:
Hi Chris.  Welcome.  I'm in Cornelius and also fish back half of the week.

craig:
Next Adventure has these carts on sale for $39.99 now.  Much easier than buying a golf bag hand cart and modifying it.  https://nextadventure.net/propel-paddle-gear-kayak-carrier.html

or this one, which I won at one of their Springer Salmon Derbies for $79.99.  It is a good cart, I just haven't used mine since I have three scupper carts for my Hobies and a Wheeleez non-scupper cart I use for my canoe and sit inside kayaks when needed. So I would let that one go for $45 to get my price of admission back for the derby. ;) https://nextadventure.net/next-adventure-standard-kayak-cart.html

INSAYN:

--- Quote from: cddunn on September 01, 2019, 11:59:33 AM ---Hi all, Chris here, new to Kayaking.  Got the Tamarack.  Haven't mounted my fish finder, or modified a golf bag cart for the carrier yet.   So far it's pretty light, but I'm accumulating stuff at an alarming rate, ha. Took a class on the Willy and have paddled around Vernonia Lake and Lost Lake (Clatsop) so far.   Hoping to hit up the Tillamook water trails soon.  My SO has her own Pelican.  Hope to see y'all on the water some time.  I'm out near Gales Creek, OR and usually fish the back half of the week.

--- End quote ---

Well, there goes the neighborhood!   >:D

hdpwipmonkey:

--- Quote from: INSAYN on September 01, 2019, 11:01:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: cddunn on September 01, 2019, 11:59:33 AM ---Hi all, Chris here, new to Kayaking.  Got the Tamarack.  Haven't mounted my fish finder, or modified a golf bag cart for the carrier yet.   So far it's pretty light, but I'm accumulating stuff at an alarming rate, ha. Took a class on the Willy and have paddled around Vernonia Lake and Lost Lake (Clatsop) so far.   Hoping to hit up the Tillamook water trails soon.  My SO has her own Pelican.  Hope to see y'all on the water some time.  I'm out near Gales Creek, OR and usually fish the back half of the week.

--- End quote ---

Well, there goes the neighborhood!   >:D

--- End quote ---
Wait... is this Chris from work?  Uh oh...  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version