Forum > Introduce Yourself

Hello From Beaverton OR. New Pelican 130 Hydryve Owner.

(1/2) > >>

nightvisionary:
I have had an interest in kayak fishing for the last couple years. It seemed like a great way to get away from the bank and explore new water. I purchased my Pelican The Catch 130 Hydryve from West Marine last month. My first time out I had some great beginners luck and landed a Chinook within my first 40 minutes on the water. I have been out 3 times so far. Twice out of Chinook Landing and once last week out of Rooster Rock where my Hydryve unit failed . The stainless steel fin rod stripped out the brass threads where it connects with the drive body. Pelican was great. I called and they are shipping me a new Hydryve unit. Until that arrives I am going to try blue loctite and if that doesn't work I have Marine JB Weld that should do it.  It has definitely been a learning experience but a whole lot of fun.

Zach.Dennis:
Welcome!  I too am from Beaverton and try to fish as often as i can.  Good luck and hope to see you on the water.

bb2fish:
Welcome to kayak fishing -- that's amazing good luck to catch a chinook on your first outing within the first hour!!   :banjo:  Looking forward to LOTS more reports from you.

trbro04:
Welcome to the group.  I am in Beaverton as well.  Let's go fishing!

Mojo Jojo:
If you want try some bay fishing this Saturday we’re having a tournament in Garibaldi  ;)

If you can’t make it and want to hit the bay let me know, if I’m fishing I’ll give you the local tour.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version