Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:02:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jed
[Today at 05:39:20 PM]

[Today at 08:40:31 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: SOT recommendation  (Read 2063 times)

micaza

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Sat in on a great Kayak Angling information event at the Next Adventure Paddle Center and I'm now about to dive into the sport. In deciding on a SOT, I'm considering two boats. 1.) Jackson Kayak Coosa Elite and 2.) Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120. I like the Jackson because of the reported stability (standing) and the Tarpon because of the versatility. Any thoughts? I'm targeting salmon, steelhead, bass in flatwater and slow rivers. Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

amb

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Next Adventure is a great outfit.  They have been known to demo kayaks I think.  Not committing them to anything but it wouldn't hurt to ask.  Might help if you try a couple boats out before you buy.  Good Luck and Have Fun -

Alan

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
I was in the Next Adventure Paddle Shop today looking for a bent shaft canoe paddle for my wife (so she can paddle while I fish). Wow! that place has had an awesome transformation.  There seems to be way more stuff than before.  They even sell waders and have a lot of more fishing stuff. 

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Next Adventure is a great outfit.  They have been known to demo kayaks I think.  Not committing them to anything but it wouldn't hurt to ask.  Might help if you try a couple boats out before you buy.  Good Luck and Have Fun -

Alan

NA does offer demos of the kayaks they sell, but I don't believe they carry Wilderness Systems or the Jackson Coosa. 

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

polyangler

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
I own a Coosa elite, and it's a really neat boat. However, my Subaru Forester is a better paddling machine. The Coosa is not efficient what so ever. I love it as my small lake/pond bass rig. If I plan to paddle more than a mile or so I fish one of my other boats. As far as the river fishing see this link

http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php/topic,5625.msg61359.html#msg61359

Lee and I put reviews towards the end of this thread after their maiden voyage. If I could only pick one of the two boats named, it would be the tarpon.

[img width=100 height=100]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy131/saltyplastic/NEMrod

micaza

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Thanks all! I appreciate the "Subaru" point, ravdakot. I don't want to be anchored by a slow boat. Also appreciate the try it before you buy it suggestion. I think Alder Creek on Jantzen might work here.

• Date Registered: Feb 2009
I have a Fish -n- Dive but I'm looking to upgrade to the Hobie Outback. The peddle system seems much better (in my opinion) than the paddle system (but that's an option as well). Of course, there IS the Hobie Revolution...

Aiiighhh! Don't even get me started about that OTHER thread...

True
"This above all: to thine own self, be true, and it must follow, as the day the night, thou canst not then be false to any man."

ndogg

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Next Adventure doesn't sell either of those boats.  We do have Ocean Kayak and Emotion kayaks, both have boats that may fit your bill.  I would try as many boats as you can before you buy.  Alden Creek caries both Jackson and Wilderness systems so you should be able to try them there. 

anything