Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:04:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jed
[May 09, 2024, 09:27:35 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 06:58:56 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 11:31:01 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Seattle Crew Roll Call  (Read 90336 times)

Toddwmac

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Mar 2008
Looks like I'm a little late for the call but what can I say

I'm in Leshi and just got my 1st yak I can fish with....Hobie Outfitter
I Won't be a dedicated fishing machine but want to add fish finder and maybe a down rigger when I take it out in the sound on my other boat.
Will mainly chase smallies in and around the Lake Union/Portage Bay area....I think

I'm new to the NW so would love advice on the area.

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009

Tomas

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
Hey,

I hail from Ballard. New to the board but been yak fishing for some time.  Hope to meet up with some of you between parenting my 3 yr old boy.  Got him in our double kyak for a few hours so far but fishing is challenging with him.

Cheers,

Tomas

squidgirl

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
welcome thomas.. you will like this group
"Life is short lets go fishing"

fishnut

• Salmon
  • 1st Recipient of 2012 A$$hat Award
newbie from marysville count me in although people say this is cowboy and indian
country.lets make it yak country
adios
rich

demonick

• Sturgeon
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Fishnut1, have you fished the Tulalip bubble or Kayak Point yet? 
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com

CrabHawk

• Plankton
  • CrabHawk
CrabHawk here from Olympia!  Do my yakkin from a Cobra Fish n Dive.  I've tried several types and the Cobra sold me!  Working on putting all the bells and whistles on it.
The CrabHawk is a castable crab catcher that's used with a rod n reel.  It works great from a YAK!

squidgirl

• Salmon
CrabHawk.... Welcome. I and WanderingRichard are in Graham.

Bogie Yak

• Krill
Hey everyone, wow, this group and forum are great, I've been lurching on the site a bit and absorbing what I can.  Seems like a great group of folks.  Got my Yak a month or two ago, why did I wait so long!?  Already had it on mountain lakes, the sound, and Lake Washington (despite advice to the contrary I went with an OK tandem so the 3 kids can tag along, actually had all 3 on board fishing Rattlesnake Lake).  Live in Central Seattle...  Grew up fly fishing mountain rivers, so terms like jig, plug cut herring, and hootchies are a bit foreign.  Planning to fish for Pinks in the next week...took me awhile to figure out what the difference between a Pink and a Humpy is (go figure, same fish)....  Look forward to fishing with some of you all soon.  Jon

yaky yakr

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
I'm lots late for the muster but here goes- 

Another newbie here, hail from Eatonville, but as the crow flies I am a lot closer to SEA than PDX.

I just got my first yak... the OK Trident 13.  This month I hit 46 fricken yrs. old but my first boat, go figure.  Almost went with the more sleek Prowler (always the minimalist) but think the dry ride of the T13 will keep me warmer in the sound and maybe better for hauling crab pots?

I'm a NW'nr born and raised, but was almost always stuck fishing for flounder from a pier.  Will be hittin some foothill lakes for some initiation over the next week or so, then try for some kokes just for practice.  Really anxious to get out in some salt though.

demonick

• Sturgeon
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Welcome to the forum.  I also have a T13 and have used it often this season for crab.  Check the archives.  If you have questions, ask.  With everyone's help here I got my Puget Sound crabbing pretty well dialed in. 
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com

squidgirl

• Salmon
Yaky Y......   i and WR are in Graham. if you want a good mellow lake to practice on and to play on Check out Rapjohn thats close to us. its a small lake and decently warm and has some trout and bass in in it.  also Harts lake out towards Mckenna is a good one to ..

If you ever want company give us a shout.

Marilyn

Drool

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Thanks for making me feel welcome guys!  Couldn't log in (yaky yak)  so I am Drool now.

I made my first paddle voyage since 1984 today. Was all alone on the west parts of Alder lake trying to get my sea legs with new kayak.   Beautiful day, breezy at times though and had to avoid getting turned around by the wind a few times.  I can't describe the stealthy, quiet experience as I saw kokanee jumping just a few yards away, and a salamander surfacing next to the yak as I made my way along a rocky shoreline.

Water is just cool enough, and low vis., so I couldn't be 100% sure I wouldn't stub my toe on a sub-surface stump.  Needless to say I wasn't thrilled about the task at hand and I made a few half-baked attempts to tip the T13 over.  Pretty stable yak, but I would soon learn the limits.

The T13 is nice with the comfort backrest, but I found it little hard on the backside after a couple of hours.  I thought I'd try crouching on my knees for a few so pulled my legs under me and crouched onto my toes - and splash!  It happened that fast.  Since it was a windy stretch of the lake I reached for my (leashed!) paddle immediately to keep the yak from drifting away.  Next I grabbed the side ready to spring from the cool water,  but remembered FFTW's story about almost capsizing that way.  So I slowed myself down and slithered aboard sort of snake like.

Thanks for the invites squidgirl, demonick, and I may take you up on that once I get gear and stuff in order.

SwiftDraw

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Hello all!

My name is Chuck I hail from Vancouver WA. I lived in Southern Cali most of my life. Most of my fishing has been in the Salt. I’ve fished The Huntington Beach, Catalina and San Diego Areas. Lake fishing is somewhat new to me, but willing to learn! I would love to fish the Salt for Lings, Rock Fish and Salmon and Crab! This Summer 2010.
As well as Fresh for Bass, Salmon, Trout you name it I'll go for it...I love to fish!
I purchased an OK T-13  in October.
I look forward in getting to know some of you guys personally and perhaps do some fresh/saltwater fishing together.
Being new to this sport, it would be great to meet someone willing to show me the ropes.
I have a tent trailer and would be willing to share it with someone while campling/fishing together.

I would love to hook-up with anyone with-in a 3hr from Vancouver

Safe Fishing
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 07:32:37 PM by SwiftDraw »

jhr3

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009

anything