Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:41:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: AOTD 2022  (Read 5309 times)

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Who's charge around here?  Has the date for the Sunset Bay Angler of the Day challenge for 2022 been set?

Times a'wastin'!   :D
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

eiboh

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jul 2019
I'm new to the site what is AOTD I see AOTY right next to the forum are they the same? 
  :)

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

Drifter2007

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
AOTY is for the Angler of the Year Tournament. Runs all year.

AOTD is the Sunset Bay Angler of the Day Tournament which is I believe is August 27th at Sunset Bay in Oregon.
I'm new to the site what is AOTD I see AOTY right next to the forum are they the same? 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 02:21:49 PM by Drifter2007 »
1991 Desert Storm (USMC)
2004-2005 OIF (US ARMY)
2006-2007 OEF (US ARMY)
2009-2010 OIF II (US Army)
2016 Retired!

eiboh

• Herring
AOTY is for the Angler of the Year Tournament. Runs all year.
Thank you much for the information drifter it sounds like a fun event.
AOTD is the Sunset Bay Angler of the Day Tournament which is I believe is August 27th at Sunset Bay in Oregon.

eiboh

• Herring
Thank you very much for the information drifter 007. Sounds like a fun event

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
Thank you very much for the information drifter 007. Sounds like a fun event

After Roy moved, I'm very grateful to the guys who grabbed the reins and keep it going.  Thanks guys!

It's always a fun event and and a great way to test your skills.

Sunset Bay is a sheltered spot to launch - none of that silly fight your way past the breakers, nonsense - the beach is easy to cross, and after you leave the Bay, you could hardly ask for better scenery (that's important to me since I seem to rarely find enough fish for a satisfying finish on ATOD day).  And sometimes there are baby whales.

It's a great place for saltwater newbies to wet their toes (find an experienced partner for the open water).

The Captain's Bags are always great and it looks like the prize pool is growing, day-by-day.

Anyone who can make it here should definitely give it a try.  Support Heroes on the Water and have a good time.

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
https://www.facebook.com/events/848204489906362

Mr. Wipmonkey, that page talks about AOTD 2021.  But thank you for trying.   :icon_tongue:

The page I linked is for this year (2022)... unless I need my meds adjusted again  ???
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

Drifter2007

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
Looked like 2022 to me.
1991 Desert Storm (USMC)
2004-2005 OIF (US ARMY)
2006-2007 OEF (US ARMY)
2009-2010 OIF II (US Army)
2016 Retired!

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
Looked like 2022 to me.

The page I linked is for this year (2022)... unless I need my meds adjusted again  ???

Your meds are probably okay.  I'm still working the kinks out of this stupid @##&%! MacBook and can't know if I saw the real page for some ancient, cached copy of it.

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
The 2022 Sunset Bay AOTD is on FB, so the easiest way to get info on the event is to join the Coos Kayak Fishing group & check the event page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cooskayakfishing
NWKA members are, of course, welcome to join. Any help we can get with sponsorships or organizing a food thread would be very much appreciated. For several reasons, we're thinking of limiting the number contestants to 50. You're all welcome to contact me if you have any questions on the event.
- Paul

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
And Paul, thanks for keeping it going.

• WS Commander 120, OK Trident 13, Revo 13
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
AOTD Tournament spots are still open. Please see the FB site (link in previous posts) for more information to register.

SBAOTD 2022 Agenda

8/26 Friday
5:30 Captains meeting
•   Participants- please meet at the shelter in the group camp site in the campground at Bastendorf County Park. (NOT THE GAZEBO IN THE DAY USE AREA). Be here to check in for the tournament. This is where you will sign your waiver and get a poker chip and get your captains bag (first 50). The tournament coordinators will have a few words with any last minute updates, and recognize our sponsors as well as answer any questions.
•   Raffle tickets will also be available for purchase. Proceeds to benefit Heroes on the Water (HOW). Tickets will also be available during the potluck prior to the awards ceremony.
8/27 Saturday
5:30- Tournament starts- or when gate opens
•   Sunset Bay boat launch area is officially open at sunrise. The gate will be closed and unlocked by park staff in the morning. The official sunrise for 8/29/2022 is 5:58 am.
•   Please see the tournament rules sheets for details.
•   All participants must have registered with the event coordinators, signed the liability waiver and receive a poker chip to participate.
•   An event coordinator will be located in the picnic area closest to the launch to register for any late entries on the morning of the tournament.
•   Marine VHF Channel 69 is the designated communication channel for the event and will be monitored by event staff ashore should an emergency arise.
2:00 Fish measure check-in ends
•   Bring your fish to be measured to the check-in station at the picnic area closest to the launch. All entries must be measured to qualify.
•   You must check-in even if you are not measuring in any fish.
•   You must have checked in your fish or be present (standing in line) at the fish measuring station at the stroke of 2pm or you will be disqualified.
•   Don’t forget to turn in your poker chip for the drawings.
5:00 Potluck
•   Bring donated fish for the fish fry to the marked cooler located at the shelter in the group camp site at Bastendorf County Park. Please bring cleaned fillets only. The earlier the better! Please remember to keep your fish on ice for food safety and the quality of the eats! Fish cleaning stations are located at Bastendorf County Park, Sunset Bay State Park and at Charleston Marina.
•   The potluck and fish fry will commence in the shelter located in the group site adjacent to the restrooms at Bastendorf County Park.
•   The cooking of the fish has been coordinated and will be accomplished by the normal crew of cooks again this year.
•   Please bring a dish to contribute to the potluck- salad, side dish, desert, etc.
•   Gluten free options are welcome will need to be clearly marked (battered fish, tortillas, etc.)
•   Bring a lawn chair and your own beverages.
Cleanup
•   The potluck area must be cleaned up prior to the commencement of the awards ceremony. Please take what you brought and help clean up and dispose of all trash.
6:00 Awards Ceremony
•   The awards ceremony will be presented by one or more of the event coordinators.
•   Prizes will be called out and the contributing sponsor recognized for the contribution and a photograph taken to memorialize the award.
•   The top 3 anglers will get a prize and some money, followed by the chip drawing.
•   Poker chip number drawings will commence following the awards given to the top 3 placeholders until the all prizes are depleted.
•   Lastly will be ticket drawing for a prize package. Tickets will be $1 each or 6 for $5. 100% of the money for this drawing will be donated to Heroes on the Water.
Better to keep ones mouth shut and presumed a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
<Proverbs>

SD2OR

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2020
Does anyone happen to have a lil extra room at their campsite? I didn't realize there was a  meeting the day before, had just planned to make it a day trip. Is there anyway for me to sign the waiver online and skip the meeting?
A day without fishing probably wouldn't kill me,
but why risk it?

3rd Place AOTY 2023

3rd Place ORC 2023

1st Place Team Event BCS 2023
12th Place Individual BCS 2023

2nd Place AOTY 2022
1st Place Tiny Fish Slam 2022

2007 Red Hobie Outback "Serenity"
2021 Camo Hobie Outback "Lagertha"