Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:52:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jed
[April 29, 2024, 05:39:20 PM]

[April 29, 2024, 08:40:31 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: 2014 Coho Kayak Classic Sept 6th (Ballard, WA)  (Read 11948 times)

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
The cut off to get a shirt size pre ordered will be Aug 23. If you sign up after this date, it will be first come... first served of the sizes available. So please sign up asap. Thanks again for your support.

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Just got word that the Tarpon 140 that we are giving away for the 1st Prize is going to come with the installed Rudder!
Also, comes with the YakAttack Angler Package which includes:
SlideTrax Rail Attachment
YakAttack 1" Screwball
YakAttack 1.5" Screwball
YakAttach Mighty Mount
YakAttack VisiCarbon Pro
YakAttack Zooka Tube

Yaktrap

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
Update on the Coho conditions:

I paddled from Bellingham to Shilshole on Friday thru Sunday last weekend (about 70 nm). There were a few fish in the San Juan's, mostly off Lopez. Then a large and very dispersed school from Admiralty Head to a few miles north of Kingston. The bait is very spread out this year with the highest density around Admiralty Head. I didn't see any active surface feeding and most marks were down around 35 feet on average. Lots of PBs fishing north of Kingston up to Point no Point but not a lot of nets out.

The Coho have to eventually make it deeper into the Puget Sound, and Shilshole were we can target them for this derby. I hope they put a move on it. There's not a lot of catching going on in Shilshole yet, or the bay would be full of PBs and it's just not. If they have fattened up on ocean herring and are taking their leisurely time and waiting for rain, then we might have to hope for rain before the derby and go for the irritation bite in shallow water. This happened about 7 years ago and the bite was great in 1 to 6 feet of water for a couple of weeks, I landed my personal best 14.3 lb Coho when they did this. Shore anglers had a blast too.

I'll keep adding updates and fingers crossed they start to move in soon.
Sponsors:
Werner Paddles, RAM Mounts and Kokatat Waterwear

AOTY wins: 2013 (2049 points), 2015 (2026 points)

polyangler

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Thanks for the update Todd! looking fwd to another competitive salmon tourney!
[img width=100 height=100]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy131/saltyplastic/NEMrod

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Argh. I was just in Ballard yesterday. Should have retuned the business trip!  I'll be resting from a week in Kodiak! 

Good luck to everyone and be safe!!!!
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009

DHD

• Krill
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Just got paid up the doc. said no salmon fishing until Oct. so I'm not going to tell him

• Date Registered: Aug 2014
Looking forward to this event and meeting some of you.

Just fished north of Lincoln park this morning for Coho and 2 minutes in the troll, a shaker :] My buddy saw a seal with a salmon and a jumper. Always a great feeling to be out on the water.

Will be heading Deception Pass this Friday after work to Saturday and try it out there and continue practicing.

“For the person with creative potential there is no wholeness except in using it.”
― Robert K. Greenleaf

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
It's getting down to the wire...We now have 30 Participants. Those of you still on the Fence, we are giving a Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 with Rudder and YakAttack Fishing package to give away to First Place ($1200 value). As well as some other great prizes. The Awards Ceremony will be at the Ballard Elks Lodge and they will be offering up a Special Burger, Fries and a Beer for only $7.

If you don't see a letter "T" next to your name, it means I do not have your shirt size yet. If I don't get your shirt size by this evening, I will be ordering a random quantity of Medium, Large and XLarge.

I will post an update tonight for those that I have received Waivers and I will add the letter W next to your name.

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Reports are looking good for Ballard. The recent rain has started bringing in the fish. More rain expected for Tuesday, should be plenty of fish by Friday. You still have time to sign up.

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
If anyone wants to fish other than the Shilshole area, you may do so. But you must fish within the Puget Sound area. Also, we must have your waivers/registration and your $40 fee must be paid prior to you going out on the water.

Theshoeman

• Lingcod
  • Northwest Yak Adventures
  • Date Registered: Sep 2012
Any tips before my last tackle run? I think I am geared up just want to check

Fungunnin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Any tips before my last tackle run? I think I am geared up just want to check
Anything spinning/flashy that can be fished between 5 and 75 feet.

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
We are up to 41 Entrees. If you haven't signed up and are still on the fence, Reports are...The Fish Are In!!!

We will still be accepting fees and registration/waivers at the Elks Lodge. You can still send in you payment for your fee via PayPal and just bring in your paperwork to turn in first thing in the morning at Elks.