Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:07:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:52:48 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

by jed
[April 29, 2024, 05:39:20 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: SquidGirl Make Room  (Read 3096 times)

fishnut

• Salmon
  • 1st Recipient of 2012 A$$hat Award
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
Guy's. Please welcome the newest member to the club. It just happens to be my wife Yakchik. She's no stranger to yakking having started years ago in the salt down
around Morro Bay, Ca. Mainly a paddler and surf rider, she's new to fishing from the yak but grew up trout fishing,etc. She's using a Cobra Explorer she's had forever and
will soon be wanting one of the Mirage Drive Hobies. Help me by looking for me on the corner of State & 4th St in Marysville. I'll be holding the sign " Kayak Fetish x's
2...Need $$$$ & Lot's Of It".
Rich

ConeHeadMuddler

• non-competitor
  • Sturgeon
  • Smells like low tide
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Welcome Yakchick! Surf rider? Does that mean surfer, or yak-surfer? Either way is way cool!  I sometimes see a couple that come out to the beach here once in a while with their surf yaks and play in the waves. They were practicing their "off the lips" when I was watching them. Looks like fun.

I finally(!!!!!) have my friend Dustin (of Cove Surfboards, locally produced here in Westport, WA) starting on my new 8' mini longboard. The blank is actually on his shaping racks right now, outlined and getting skinned! (He's owed me this board since last summer.  Money jobs kept getting in the way of him doing it).
 Now he's crewing on a crab fishing boat, but I've got him going on it now that the swell is 21 feet at 15 seconds.  No pot-pulling today! In fact the question might be, "Will they be able to untangle the pots if they can find them, once they can get back out over the bar?"

But I digress. Welcome Yakchick!
ConeHeadMuddler

yakchik

Hi,
Thanks for the greetings. I was a yak surfer in CA, made a couple of touring runs down the Colorado River,( you put in just below Hoover Dam) with friends. Spent a lot of time in the Morro Bay/San Simeon area.  I fished a lot as a kid, bass & trout, eastern WA area. So now see if I can move on up to yak fishing.  ;D

squidgirl

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
YakChick  Welcome.. from one girl to another you will love it. i was a trout banky fisherlady till i started doing this a year ago i love. it.

We will all have to get together one day.

SG
"Life is short lets go fishing"

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Welcome Yakchick!  Given your experience with surf launches and landings, you're starting off with a serious advantage over most.

CHMuddler: Glad to see you're getting serious about the waves again!  I had a nice 3hr session this afternoon.  We're going to need to hook up for some Lings and a surf this year!

-Mark-

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
don't think of it as "moving up" to yak fishing. think of it as combining two already embedded talents into one sport.

and welcome to the group. waiting to hear the reports of you out fishing your hubby.

[WR]
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

ConeHeadMuddler

• non-competitor
  • Sturgeon
  • Smells like low tide
Whats this? You surfed today, Spot?...lets see...some secret "inner" break underneath some highway bridge, I'll bet!

It was sunny and warm...mid 50's here today at the beach. I watched my friends riding some small point waves inside the entrance to the bay, way inside the outer bar, at a place that usually doesn't produce ridable waves. They picked off some clean little peelers riding their longboards.  I observed their small wave longboard antics from afar, wishin' I was able to join them. Instead, I kicked back and sucked down a couple of cold ones, nursing my Achilles' tendon. Remind me not to run on the beach.  Surf was huge and outta control on the outside.

I am still not ready for a return to prime time, but I'm workin' on it. Meanwhile, I refuse to be a flounder in the lineup. I'll be quietly sneakin' back in around the edges, when nobody's lookin'! 8)
Then, when I'm ready to take on the new horde in my old break, its gonna be "Here's Johnny!" >:D
At least I hope so...maybe it'll only be the newbies sayin' "Here's that zombie!" :(
 :laugh:

ConeHeadMuddler

demonick

• Sturgeon
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com

kallitype

• Sturgeon
  • Vashon Island kayaker
Welcome!  My wife usually outfishes me, here's a bit of history from our wedding invite, fish caught at Point No Point..  Her fish was 2 ounces heavier!!!
Never underestimate the ability of our policymakers to fail to devise and implement intelligent policy