Forum > Idaho Kayak Fishing

Priest Lake Mackinaw (video)

<< < (2/3) > >>

uplandsandpiper:
Yes I found the Lucanus jigs to be extremely productive at Priest Lake but never fished them on Lake Pend Oreille as the netters have reduced fish densities so much it really wasn't worth it. I like them because they glow and are heavy enough to get down to the fish in a hurry. Here is a pic of how I run mine with the Big River Bait hooks.

jed:
Great video Tyler. Is this fishery mainly a Spring thing? I really want to try this in either Idaho or Central Oregon.

uplandsandpiper:

--- Quote from: jed on June 11, 2017, 07:26:03 AM ---Great video Tyler. Is this fishery mainly a Spring thing? I really want to try this in either Idaho or Central Oregon.

--- End quote ---

Year round on Priest. I actually enjoyed fishing them in the fall (Octoberish) when they move up to 60-90'. They are pretty aggressive year round. Just don't catch any big ones. I'm still trying to catch up to you on your AOTY points ;-)

jed:

--- Quote from: uplandsandpiper on June 11, 2017, 09:14:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: jed on June 11, 2017, 07:26:03 AM ---Great video Tyler. Is this fishery mainly a Spring thing? I really want to try this in either Idaho or Central Oregon.

--- End quote ---

Year round on Priest. I actually enjoyed fishing them in the fall (Octoberish) when they move up to 60-90'. They are pretty aggressive year round. Just don't catch any big ones. I'm still trying to catch up to you on your AOTY points ;-)

--- End quote ---
Haha. I don't think you'll have any trouble passing me, there's lots of fishing left. Thanks for the info. Fall is probably better for me anyway. I also want to fish Rufus from the kayak. Done it from shore but I think a kayak would have way more options.

Beachmaster90:

--- Quote from: uplandsandpiper on June 11, 2017, 07:08:21 AM ---Yes I found the Lucanus jigs to be extremely productive at Priest Lake but never fished them on Lake Pend Oreille as the netters have reduced fish densities so much it really wasn't worth it. I like them because they glow and are heavy enough to get down to the fish in a hurry. Here is a pic of how I run mine with the Big River Bait hooks.

--- End quote ---

Hmm maybe I'll use lighter braid from the lure to the hooks than my mainline.... wouldn't want to lose a $20 lure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version