Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:54:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:23:17 PM]

[Today at 09:19:09 AM]

[May 04, 2024, 11:31:01 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 07:01:25 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 04:21:47 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 05:31:42 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: ORC 2018  (Read 15411 times)

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
How about "Oregon Bottomfeeder Classic"?  :laugh:

Is that really the kind of crowd we want to attract to our event though?

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Clayman

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
How about "Oregon Bottomfeeder Classic"?  :laugh:

Is that really the kind of crowd we want to attract to our event though?
It could increase the abundance of Costco/Walmart kayaks on the water on tourney day.  And vehicle break-ins...
aMayesing Bros.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
How about we just catch some fish, throw a big party, and eat and drink until our stomachs can hold no more?  Fun for all!  What more do you want?

Sorry, in a bit of a snarky mood today.

-Allen

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
How about we just catch some fish, throw a big party, and eat and drink until our stomachs can hold no more?  Fun for all!  What more do you want?

-Allen
I vote for that.

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008

-Allen

Says the guy that makes as many appearances at ORC as Elvis.   :-*

I'm good with some party action! 

Looks like we shook the cob webs off the thread today and got some mental juices flowing.   

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

nomas

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
Hi guys, I'm here for the bottomfeeder classic. Where's the keg?

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
I'm a bottomfeeder, my kayak is aspiring to Walmart quality.  I think I'll minimally join the party, if the weather is decent I'll fish!

Kyle M

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Reading through the hilarious posts, I'm inclined to go this year. It's been a while, and I certainly enjoy the fun crowd.  :banjo:

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006

-Allen

Says the guy that makes as many appearances at ORC as Elvis.   :-*

I'm good with some party action! 

Looks like we shook the cob webs off the thread today and got some mental juices flowing.

Someone needs to clean the ROCKFISH ...

-Allen

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Pick me to fillet the fish....   That's pretty fun, and a great way to visit with all the anglers and their prized catch from the day.  I'm hoping to volunteer to fillet again for 2018 ORC.

Mac Attack

• Herring
  • Date Registered: May 2018
I'm trying to find the where to register for the ORC and have not been able to find it on this site, could be i new to this site and forums all the way around, but getting better.

lslaska

• Krill
Happy Memorial Day everyone,

This topic is rather frustrating for someone new like myself.  No real information of an event that is just over a month away.  I am brand new to kayak fishing, and just got my first ocean kayak.  The guys out of depoe bay are what got me bit by this bug, and its finally taken a very strong hold.   It seems like there are a ton of great guys here helping us noobs and sharing info, all thats needed is a coffee pot and a table to sit around and talk shop lol. 

I really want to participate this year, and reserved my stay at arch rock the 6th through the 9th.  I hopefully didnt do this and have it wrong.   I still dont know since there has been no official information posted.  Could someone please post the official word and registration info for us.  maybe in a new sticky post thats locked.  Please dont say FB, and if this group is moving to FB please let us folks that choose not to do social media know so that we dont get frustrated with the lack of info.   I have very happily seen several new users join since I joined and would hate to have them has the same frustration. 

I am writing this as a request to improve communications with new users, not as a slam or dig on anyone.  We all have lives and I know sometimes that interferes with the important stuff like fishing lol.  I am just eager to start contributing, enjoy the tournament and meet alot of great people.

Have a GREAT day
Lance

Mac Attack

• Herring
Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I've taken time off from work for this and would very much like to participate.

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
I can understand the frustration you guys are facing with the lack of information.

From ORC events in the past they have always been held at Chinook Bend Campground. You should still be able to get a dry "Tent" camping spot there as they have plenty of space.
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015

This topic is rather frustrating for someone new like myself.  No real information of an event that is just over a month away.

I really want to participate this year, and reserved my stay at arch rock the 6th through the 9th.  I hopefully didnt do this and have it wrong.   I still dont know since there has been no official information posted. 

This forum is made to ask questions.  You can always ask questions before committing and answers are given.

The inn at arch rock is a great place to stay during the tourney if you want an actual hotel.  The majority of the group camps at Chinnook Bend Campground.  The inn at the arch offers great views and is more affordable than the surrounding hotels.  If you do stay there i would recommend spending time at Chinook Bend Saturday for prizes and dinners.

The organizers of the event hold full time jobs and are taking their own time to organize an event.  They have stated that the tourney will be July 7th.  People usually launch at first light.  and check in was around 1 last year.  We then all met back at camp and had a fish fry and announced the winners.

If you want more information, use the search portion of the forum and type in ORC.  There is also a great video on Youtube that gives a good idea of what the tournament is like.

2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC