Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:15:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:42:39 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

by jed
[May 09, 2024, 09:27:35 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Poll

Are you signing up for AOTY this year?

Yes, I already have.
Yes, but I just haven't gotten around to it.
I would, but $40 is a bit steep.
I would, but I don't feel like I have a chance.
I would, but I don't like the new rules.
No, I don't like competition

Topic: AOTY 2010 interest  (Read 10583 times)

fishnut

• Salmon
  • 1st Recipient of 2012 A$$hat Award
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
Got to hand it to Spot. He's The Man, Myth & Legend. More power to ya. i have a hard enough time with just a wife,dog and house finding the time and getting it wired. You keep going girl?

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Brian, to answer your question about AOTY interest.  How about providing a NWKA sponsorship encouraging the newest of the new to join a participate?   Maybe provide 1 or 2 open seats that are free for the first person(s) with 5 or less posts here to grab, and all a newbie or lurker has to do is bring it to the table that they are willing to take on the challenge, and be ready to post pictures of their catch as the year progresses.

Oh, and yes I will be joining the AOTY again this year as soon as I get my fishing license.   ;D   

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
Brian, to answer your question about AOTY interest.  How about providing a NWKA sponsorship encouraging the newest of the new to join a participate?   Maybe provide 1 or 2 open seats that are free for the first person(s) with 5 or less posts here to grab, and all a newbie or lurker has to do is bring it to the table that they are willing to take on the challenge, and be ready to post pictures of their catch as the year progresses.

Oh, and yes I will be joining the AOTY again this year as soon as I get my fishing license.   ;D   
Hey, I'd volunteer for that!

HBH

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
i like the fun aspect of the competition, but i dont have a chance of winning, so i feel like i am just donating $40 to the guy who has the most time to go fishing

Would you believe that the winner for the last two years is a single full-time dad with a home and yard to tend and a full time job that includes regular daily and weekend overtime?
It's all about the luck.  ;)

-Spot-

I heard he was a giant too, and was sequestered away to a Himalayan Monastery since childbirth.  It turns out that this particular monastery was well versed in the ancient secrets of kayak fishing.  After reaching Zen level 888, said giant was deployed to the great Pacific NorthWest to bring enlightenment to the many members of NWKA.  Want to learn his secrets?  Sign up for AOTY!!!

-Allen

ha ha ha  :D

for $40 i'll take a days lesson from the master!!...i honestly dont know how you find the time, but obviously know how to get er done... :)

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007

for $40 i'll take a days lesson from the <sic> Clown!!...i honestly dont know how you find the time, but obviously know how to get er done... :)

You're welcome to fish with me even if you don't enter the AOTY. 
The $40 will allow you to rub my belly for luck though.  :laugh:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

squidgirl

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
i have thought about doing the AOTY. but i dont think i am going to have a chance and right now not working i dont have the 40.00  good luck to all

SG
"Life is short lets go fishing"

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
This is more of a statistical question than a get'r done question.....

Brian, based on all the past NCKA AOTY results, what percentage of the winners where of the experienced fishermen type?  Meaning they have many years of background knowledge fishing for many many species of fish? 

Then.. same question based on the winners that have had little or no experience with fishing prior to playing in the AOTY?

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

PNW

• Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
Would you believe that the winner for the last two years is a single full-time dad with a home and yard to tend and a full time job that includes regular daily and weekend overtime?
It's all about the luck.  ;)

-Spot-
"I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it."
- Thomas Jefferson
I heard he was a giant too, and was sequestered away to a Himalayan Monastery since childbirth.  It turns out that this particular monastery was well versed in the ancient secrets of kayak fishing.  After reaching Zen level 888, said giant was deployed to the great Pacific NorthWest to bring enlightenment to the many members of NWKA.  Want to learn his secrets?  Sign up for AOTY!!!

-Allen
You're welcome to fish with me even if you don't enter the AOTY. 
The $40 will allow you to rub my belly for luck though.  :laugh:
really?!!?!?

Pelagic

• Sturgeon
Filling a card should be much easier this year.  You have 20 species to choose from!  Many species can be bagged on the same trip. A good day on the salt would take care of your, ling, cab, greenling, and rockfish.  Hit the trout lake for a keeper planter, score a bass or two, a panfish and you are almost home.  All it takes is a little planning and some effort.  Lets get some momentum rolling and turn this thing into a horse race.

HBH

• Lingcod
how about for $40 i follow you around and clean your fish so i can learn from the master.... ;D

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
how about for $40 i follow you around and clean your fish so i can learn from the master.... ;D

I'll give you $40 to rub Spot's belly!!!   >:D

-Allen

fishnut

• Salmon
Why not up the ante? By the way, does he have paddlers 6 pack abs?

PNW

• Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
Why not up the ante? By the way, does he have paddlers 6 pack abs?
???  :o

fishnut

• Salmon
Golly gee. Thought this was the Chum Bucket :P :-[ :cya:

HBH

• Lingcod

I'll give you $40 to rub Spot's belly!!!   >:D

-Allen

pass.... :-*