Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:49:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:07:15 PM]

[Today at 05:42:39 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

by jed
[May 09, 2024, 09:27:35 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Yakhoppers tour: clear lake event  (Read 4554 times)

hydrospider

If you have the chance to participate in one of Yakhoppers events do not hesitate, just go. its free.
I really appreciated the format. very clean,brilliantly simple, and free.
We registered (for free) and picked up a metal chip for photo validity for the catch, photo, and release style that is so perfect for this lake, especially with pre-spawn in full swing. Thank you Eric.
Team Bridgeport wanted to bring home a victory for the NWKA and a TEAM victory is excactly what it was. Documentation was the biggest challenge in the wind and rain and only a team effort could get it done.
We got on the water at 0730 and then blown off the water,loaded, and on the road by 0940. We each had a fish documented for the tourney and each of them very humble. A 16 then a 17 and finally a 19.5. The lady hooked into a behometh but it got unhinged and shook loose. A true heart breaker but shes made of sturdy stock.
We couldnt believe it when we learned the 19.5 was the big fish of the day.
But that was nothing compared to the shock and awe of what was behind curtain #1. did I mention this tourney was free?

Promar folding net.
Eagle cuda FF
Okuma fishing bag that was PACKED with tackle boxes
Culprit lure book that was PACKED with crankbaits and soft plastics.
WON subscription
fishing lines
reel lube
lure dressing
FWH hats among other assorted useful items.
AND a plaque for the man cave.
the tourney was only part of the adventure. the day before was
pretty fantastic as well. We fished the north end in some protected water that is only accessible by kayak or helicopter then got out and fished some warm water points.
If it wasnt for Yakhoppers event, The Kraken wouldnt have made the 5+ hour drive to spend the weekend with us and we would have stayed home out of the rain and wind. We had a great adventure and its all your fault Eric.
thanks again.
 :icon_spiderman:

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
So who noticed the NWKA sticker in the last photo?

NICELY DONE SPIDEY!!!

Sorry I missed you.  It was pouring fiercely in Caz and I still had a long list of things to do on the cabin, so I decided to stay dry and warm and check some items off that damn list.

-Allen

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Congratulations on defending your home turf Terry.  
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

polarcat

• Krill
  • Team Bridgeport since 1994
  • Date Registered: Oct 2009
WOOOOO  and   HOOOOO!!!!!

Team Bridgeport rides again!!!

Shirk (Polarcat)

the Kraken

• Krill
  • Team Bridgeport
  • Date Registered: Nov 2009
Everything hydrospider said and more. Yakhopper really went above and beyond for this thing. We couldn't believe the amount of prizes given out at this free tournament. He must have really spent a lot of time twisting some arms. Anyway, thanks again and I hope to make a few more.

As mentioned, the weather was crap. Saturday was very windy and Sunday was just cold and rainy. Even with the bad weather, there were still fish to be had and we managed to have some good laughs about the whole wet weekend.

I was limited to one fish all weekend, so I was picture guy this trip. Here's a few more from our wet weekend.
thats what she said

polarcat

• Krill
  • Team Bridgeport since 1994
  • Date Registered: Oct 2009
Wow, check out the rain in that last pic, made splashes big enough to show on film.  That's one wet party but what great time it must've been.

Thanks for the report fellas.  Even though I get down when I miss the time, the reports are great to read, and see.  Keep it up.  Excellent follow-up Kraken.

Sounds like Yakhopper throws a stellar tourney.

See you guys in May.  All my stuff is set up.  I could leave tomorrow (if I didn't have to make the $ for the trip).

J and I are heading out to the kelp on Thursday so I'll post a Travelling Angler report soon after.

John

hydrospider

Allen,
a 2 hour drive up for 2 hours of fishing in cold, face stinging rain.
you chose wisely. come up when its warm and we are hunting submarines in the shallows.

PolarCat,
the Kraken was on fire with the camera in hand and I think we have convinced him to make all of the rest of the TBP events. We should have the best year of documetation yet.
Looking forward to the kelp report and a teaser for our road trip down to your waters.
Im not ready for you guys to show up here quite yet.
Its going to take awhile for me to finish the agent training facility and get the man cave back together and ready to store 3 more boats.
When you are here we can put our calenders together and maybe find time for another yakhopper event.
good times ahead
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 10:33:31 PM by hydrospider »

demonick

• Sturgeon
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
When "Team Bridgeport" was mentioned I got all excited that your sponsor provided all the beer you could drink.  Imagine my disappointment when I realized y'all are in the wrong state.   :)

Bridgeport is one of my favorite brewers.  Had a Bridgeport IPA last night, and a Red Hook Longhammer IPA yesterday afternoon.  RH can't hold a candle to BP. 
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com

hydrospider

Sorry to disappoint D, but its refference to Bridgeport Calif.
Thank you for the heads up on your favorite brewery. We will definately look for it and bring it along for the next adventure.
Bridgeport Calif. is where we all had first met back in 1993. A group of volleyball players from around the state and most of us had never met. We fished the eastern sierras and found we had a great chemistry on the water.
Then we started playing v-ball tournaments together and that same chemistry transfered to the court and we used the name "Team Bridgeport".
Now we are spread out from san diego to seattle but still most of us get together 3-4 times a year for kayak fishing adventures.

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
I think Team Bridgeport should really consider adopting Bridgeport's IPA as their official beer.  If you ever come to Portland I'll take you out for a few pints of it.

Brian
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

hydrospider

I think Team Bridgeport should really consider adopting Bridgeport's IPA as their official beer.
I think we just did.  great color and just caused a pavlovian response.

Ill definatley take you up on that pint B.

The team really wants to head up there and participate in an NWKA event.
We all want to show our appreciation for you guys letting us share our adventures here even though we are out of area and it would be great to meet everyone.

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Way to get the win for the home team Spidey! Congrats!! And please feel free to come to any of our events. I've got ChuckE and Freddie from NCKA considering making the trip for the NWKA Fall Salmon Challenge.

Z
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:47:46 PM by Zee »
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

yakhopper

• Fish are Food not Friends
  • Krill
  • Date Registered: Dec 2009
Thank's to you for making it to C.L.,
And a big congratulations on the victory.
You and your crew did a great job and it was a pleasure to hand you the 1st place plack.

Thank's for showing

I would also like to invite any one who want's to join the fun with no obligation (fee) to come and bring a friend or family.

See you in Alameda (June 13)

Eric

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Allen,
a 2 hour drive up for 2 hours of fishing in cold, face stinging rain.
you chose wisely. come up when its warm and we are hunting submarines in the shallows.

PolarCat,
the Kraken was on fire with the camera in hand and I think we have convinced him to make all of the rest of the TBP events. We should have the best year of documetation yet.
Looking forward to the kelp report and a teaser for our road trip down to your waters.
Im not ready for you guys to show up here quite yet.
Its going to take awhile for me to finish the agent training facility and get the man cave back together and ready to store 3 more boats.
When you are here we can put our calenders together and maybe find time for another yakhopper event.
good times ahead

Dude, did you get trashed by that quake that came thru there?? i havent seen that much destruction to a place since Desert Storm!!
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

hydrospider

and its not just the gear strewn about the lair. everything has to come out.

the Kraken and I wanted to try a alternative agent (crawdads) so we put them in a 5 gallon bait bucket with an aerator. I usually leave the lid slightly ajar for ventilation but I underestimated these resourceful agents.
When I woke up the following morning I went out into the lair to check on everything and found only a few dads in the bucket. 1 was at the top climbing up the tubing just as the rest of the troops had done during the night. Unfortunately for me, we only recovered 1 about 10' away.
Who knows where they have tucked themselves away to die, rot, and stink up my sanctuary.
uhg

anything