Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:17:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: 2010 Oregon Rockfish Classic  (Read 32356 times)

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
This post will be updated as more details become available so check back.

The Oregon Rockfish Classic 2010
Date: June 19th
Format: Heaviest single rockfish (Rockfish (Sebastes Genus), Cabezon, Greenling, Lingcod)
Entry Fee: $30 for Oregon residents $20 for Washington residents.
Tourney HQ: Chinook Bend RV Resort 2920 Siletz hwy, Lincoln City, OR, 97367 (541) 996-2032
**IMPORTANT** After paying the entry fee you need to complete and hand in a release form before launch on Saturday. Release forms will be available at camp HQ Friday PM and Saturday 6-7AM at the Depoe Bay launch. If you don't hand in a release form in time you will be ineligible to compete and your entry fee will be refunded. No exceptions!  

Signup here
Which state do you reside in?

Prizes:
Gift pack for all entrants
featuring: Rapala bait knife and Kayak Angler online magazine issue

First:     Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Second: Aqua Bound Swell Plus Paddle (Fiberglass/Carbon) thanks to Outdoor Play, Surfer's Haven Condo thanks to Ossie's Surf Shop and Coastal Outfitters in Depoe Bay

Third:    The ultimate Gaff and misc. accessories

Fourth-Tenth: Kayak anglers gift pack

*Gift packs include gear from:
• Scotty
• Rapala
• Kayak Angler magazine
• Luhr Jensen
• RAM
• Blue Fox
• Storm
• Williamson
• Hook1
• Kunz Reel Gear

Check in will be at Chinook Bend Resort campsite HQ Friday PM or at Depoe Bay launch Sat. AM. Check in closes at 7AM Sat.. Launch is through Depoe Bay harbor. Tourney will end at 3:30 PM with a weigh-in @ the Depoe Bay parking lot (black Honda CRV). Afterwards, at HQ there will be prizes and potluck. Bring your best dish 'cuz we get serious!

Call Chinook Bend Resort for reservations as soon as possible to get your spot and make sure to mention that you're with NWKA to get a discount ($15 tent camping). It's a large group campground and there's openings there but try to get your reservations set soon.

We hope to see you there!

The ORC 2010 is sponsored by:

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:00:49 PM by polepole »
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

FishSniffer

• Lingcod
  • Hobie Mirage Adv., Outback SUV, OK Scrambler XT's
  • Midcoast Chapter of Northwest Steelheaders
  • Date Registered: Apr 2008
The Oregon Rockfish Classic 2010
Date: June 19th

Call Chinook Bend Resort....

The 2009 ORC is sponsored by:

2009 or 2010?  Lots of AOTY stuff says 2009 also.  Just trying to eliminate my confusions!

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
That's great! I like Chinook Bend. They're nice peoples. I'm all over it.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
It would help if everyone post up their campsites when they book them so we can try and get sites in close proximity.

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

goldendog

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
The Chinook Bend RV Resort sounds like a nice place, and only 11 miles from Depoe Bay. Lets hope the ocean is more cooperative than last year!

I tried calling them and ended up sending an email. Hopefully I can get reservations tomorrow!
Fishing is much more than fish.  It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.  ~Herbert Hoover

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
It would help if everyone post up their campsites when they book them so we can try and get sites in close proximity.
The tent camping area is a group site for us so proximity won't be a problem. But those planning on staying in their RV's should mention they want a space near our group spot.

BTW Take a minute to check out the Chinook Bend site. Their amenities are great w/ a general store (that includes some fishing tackle), bait, fish cleaning stations, restaurant, and kayak or boat rental. The Resort is right on the river so if you don't mind the paddle (or just drive the yak) downriver 3 miles in the Siletz Bay there's crabbing.

Also we'll also be having our potluck and awards ceremony indoors in The Big Red Barn.

Z
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 07:00:35 PM by Zee »
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
The tent camping area is a group site for us so proximity won't be a problem. But those planning on staying in their RV's should mention they want a spot near our group spot.

Z

Oh! Nice!

2011 Angler Of The Year
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Those of us that are bringing RV's, can we still use the tent group site with ya'll?  My rig is fully self contained to manage off the grid for at least a week, so I'm good on unlevel, no hook up kinda areas.   8)  

Also, what's there to catch in the river by the campground?  Will this be a possible backup venue location, as we already know the ocean is completely predictable?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 07:30:15 PM by INSAYN »

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
Those of us that are bringing RV's, can we still use the tent group site with ya'll?  My rig is fully self contained to manage off the grid for at least a week, so I'm good on unlevel, no hook up kinda areas.   8) 

Show off!  ::)

2011 Angler Of The Year

goldendog

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
I got my RV space, and asked about river fishing. Cutthroats and Bluebacks are available in June.
Fishing is much more than fish.  It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.  ~Herbert Hoover

Pelagic

• Sturgeon

Nice choice of location!  I still like the mojo of our state parks but the indoor space/fish cleaning station/store/restaurant etc. is a great addition to have, and broadens the comfort level for those bringing wives/kids etc.  So those of us tenting it just show up and claim a piece of ground and pay?  No need to reserve a spot or?  Buddy of mine has a house in town I could use but its not the same as bivouacking with the plastic navy! ;D  
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 08:35:46 AM by pelagic paddler »

FishSniffer

• Lingcod
  • Hobie Mirage Adv., Outback SUV, OK Scrambler XT's
  • Midcoast Chapter of Northwest Steelheaders
  • Date Registered: Apr 2008
Those of us that are bringing RV's, can we still use the tent group site with ya'll?

Also, what's there to catch in the river by the campground?

I'd give Chinook Bend a call for that.  They're very flexible.

As for in river fisheries there may be an in river coho quota.  I'll know more in the next couple weeks.

Greg

Pelagic

• Sturgeon
Those of us that are bringing RV's, can we still use the tent group site with ya'll?

As for in river fisheries there may be an in river coho quota.  I'll know more in the next couple weeks.

Greg

I'm guessing June may be a little early for coho?

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**

Greg

After reading up on their website, it appears that they value their guests greatly.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

steelheadr

• Participant in life...not spectator
  • Sturgeon
  • Pay no attention to the man in the hat.
  • Peterberger Adventures
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Zee,
Thanks for early notice. I'll be taking the Friday off from work. If you need any help to get things setup or rolling, just let me know.

Jay
"Fast enough to get there...but slow enough to see. Not known for predictability"  Thanks to Jimmy Buffet for describing my life...again