Forum > Kayak Sailing

Kayak sailing curious...

<< < (3/3)

YakHunter:

--- Quote from: DTS on March 17, 2022, 07:23:57 PM ---I have the AI as well.  Unfortunately I have not had it out in quite some time.   
Anyone see Josh Holmes videos with his AI?  Pretty good stuff.  Wish I was in that area.   8)

--- End quote ---

I watched the Josh Holmes videos and they were instrumental in the purchase of my AI.  Would be nice to kayak fish off Australia but probably not in the cards.  Been kicking around saving some money and making a trip to Panama maybe in early 2023.  Watching videos of people catching roosterfish, tuna, cubera snapper, corvina, grouper, etc. off kayaks has given me quite the itch.   :-\   

hdpwipmonkey:
Here is a video I did of me sailing my Outback for the first time.  I was out there with a couple of other forum members who had AIs.  The Outback was no where near as good at sailing as the AIs but it was still fun.

Jamesy:
I'm getting started with a Tandem Island -- working hard to make it versatile and ready for Baja sailing/fishing. Practicing so far on Columbia (Drano, Wind)

Still working the rod holder decisions and placement, but have a nice utility roll bar that I'm happy with -- lifts the mainsheet lines, holds net, and rods for travel, and supports small transom for trolling motor.

I set it up to cartop on Chev Suburban and to ride on my other boat trailer when not in use.

I can snap a pic if anybody is interested.

Mr. Fisherman:

--- Quote from: Jamesy on June 14, 2022, 05:30:41 PM ---I'm getting started with a Tandem Island -- working hard to make it versatile and ready for Baja sailing/fishing. Practicing so far on Columbia (Drano, Wind)

Still working the rod holder decisions and placement, but have a nice utility roll bar that I'm happy with -- lifts the mainsheet lines, holds net, and rods for travel, and supports small transom for trolling motor.

I set it up to cartop on Chev Suburban and to ride on my other boat trailer when not in use.

I can snap a pic if anybody is interested.

--- End quote ---

Interested.

I've been out on my new to me AI 4 times now.
Pretty darn fun.

Anybody up for some adventures?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version