Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:01:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[May 17, 2024, 08:35:26 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 05:31:18 AM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Hello from Linglady  (Read 3858 times)

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
... I think it was called the "Ice House" or something along those lines.  It is located just across the highway from the Bridge of the Gods coming over from Cascade Locks, Oregon.

It's still right where you remember it.  Just search Google Earth for "ice house lake, WA".

Slight hijack, but since we're here I'll throw this out for you Washington folks looking for some interesting fishing holes.
There are lots of cool little lakes in that area that would be awesome for kayak fishing.  I've mostly fished them on foot when I was younger, as getting a power boat in many would be hard as hell to do.

A special one to me is this gem:
If you follow Ash Lake Rd past Ice House Lake around to where it "T's" to the left, and goes up Blue Lake Rd, follow it around Bowles Lake to the right.  There is a little water hole to the right that skirts the edge of the tree line below the power lines. It's freaking cold spring fed water that has some wild hold over bred trout from when they used to stock it many many years ago.  The trout hit like a freight train and will tail walk for you.  The water is creepy clear and pretty deep in the center.  From shore, you can see fish swimming way out there.  Toss a spinner in front of them and you can see them spot it and chase it.  Cool little lake/pond.  Camped there a few times once I got my driver's license. Watch for scorpions in the summer, I've caught dozens of the there.  The road down is not family car friendly, so take high clearance vehicle.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

ConeHeadMuddler

• non-competitor
  • Sturgeon
  • Smells like low tide
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Greetings, Linglady. My first fish was a Coastal Cutthroat Trout, caught from a small creek near Sequim, WA back in 1958. Been a cutthroat fisherman ever since, although that persona went into hibernation for about 15 years after moving to Hawaii. But I found myself renting a waterfront cabin on Bainbridge Island in '81, and soon was back into the beach fishing.

Thanks for the tip, Insayn. I might wake up one morning and find myself exploring the waters down there.
ConeHeadMuddler

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
My first fish was freaking old crusty boot at some water hole that my dad took us to for years on opening day of trout season in Washington. 
I think it was called the "Ice House" or something along those lines.  It is located just across the highway from the Bridge of the Gods coming over from Cascade Locks, Oregon.

It's crazy how many canoes and dinghys they can cram onto that puddle. It's like a hog line for planters.

There are a number of nice little lakes in that area, but be careful, poison oak is super thick up there.

Nice to see you joining the fracas LingLady! Now we're going to need some fresh recruits for ORC weigh-in since you'll be atop the leader board.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:41:52 AM by Ling Banger »

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

D rock

• Rockfish
  • www.kayakshed.com
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
Woohoo! Linglady is in da house!! Nice sexy red revo you have there! ;D ;D

Welcome to the family!!

My first fish was a rainbow on a little lake east of Eugene when i was 7. I've been fishing ever since!

Thanks Dad for showing me the ropes all those years ago!! Love you!!

JamesC

• Lingcod
  • 2012 Hobie Revo 13 - Gray
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
Welcome!
My first fish was a perch off the docks at a boat ramp @ Sea Plane Base on Whidby Island. I was 5 I believe. Got my first rod and tackle box that same day.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
All fishermen are liars except you and me
(and sometimes I wonder about you).
-Anonymous

Linglady

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Mar 2012
Wait, Lee's fiancee' is on here now?  Does this mean I have to tone down the lewd and sometimes innuendo-based bro-talk that has become the basis of my relationship with His Largeness?  No more shall be mentionings of GoPro livestock mounts, Gamecube night, and Natty Ice.  Sigh.  It's probably for the best, though.  Welcome aboard.

You better not stop. I'm on here for the entertainment.