Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:41:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:24:50 PM]

[Today at 02:19:35 PM]

[Today at 01:10:00 PM]

[Today at 11:40:28 AM]

[Today at 10:55:19 AM]

[Today at 10:49:19 AM]

by [WR]
[May 18, 2024, 04:51:53 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 08:35:26 PM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: ORC 2015 Results  (Read 12352 times)

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011

It has been oddly quiet  . ???

So let's hear some reports about this years ORC

Inquiring minds want to know........................
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

Noah

• Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Pretty good fishing, good beer, tasty tacos, and great company. It was pretty windy and many of us weren't able to scratch out a decent ling or cabbie but still a fantastic time.

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008

It has been oddly quiet  . ???

So let's hear some reports about this years ORC

Inquiring minds want to know........................

If you'd have been there, you'd know.  ;)

It was a great time, once again. The conditions were a little more sporty than years past.

sherminator

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
I can't tell you the winners - only because I don't remember, but I can show you some pics. I got real windy out there from about 9:00am on.

This is a gray whale that decided to buzz by my bow after waking me up with some fresh spray. It is coming at me in this picture  :o

JamesC

dawg/duck13 - sorry about the moisture on the lens!

T_Angler's prize winning ling!

The Captain & Christine giving their best smiles!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:29:03 PM by sherminator »
15x tournament loser
2011 Hobie Oasis (yellow)
2014 Hobie Revo  (red)
2017 Aquaglide Blackfoot HB Angler XL

Doc Miller

• Herring
  • Date Registered: May 2015
The sea was angry that day, my friend!

Looks like a great time.  I'm going to have to get down there next year. 
Plan your work, and work your plan.

JamesC

• Lingcod
  • 2012 Hobie Revo 13 - Gray
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
I had a great time, the day started out nice, but got windy as the day went on. I didn't catch anything big, but brought home a couple lings and some rocks. The tacos were great too!
All fishermen are liars except you and me
(and sometimes I wonder about you).
-Anonymous

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Good times good folks can't ask for a better time.

• Date Registered: Feb 2009
Great day with great people! Thank you everyone behind the scenes who made this happen! Wind or no wind, it was nice to get out there!

Fred "True" Trujillo
"This above all: to thine own self, be true, and it must follow, as the day the night, thou canst not then be false to any man."

paulyd

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
winners

dawg/duck13

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Apr 2015
Well, for my first ORC it was a blast. Got to meet a lot of new people, put some faces with names on here and got to see a few others that I've fished with before. It was a great time and Congrats to the winners. I was happy with how it went (other than the wind picking up and making holding position impossible), was even able to land a SLAM.......but that ling was a stretch as it barely made length. Thanks to all the sponsors and to everyone that was involved in putting it on. Can't wait until next year! Hopefully see a lot of you guys sooner rather than later.  Sherminator, I'm the Bradley in the photo.....it was nice chatting w/ you on the water.
2015 Hobie Revo 16 <----the "Limousine"
2015 Hobie Outback (Sold)
2015 Jackson Big Tuna (Sold)

bluewrx02

• Salmon
  • Facebook
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
It was fun like always, good friends, great food and fun stories. I got my exercise in with the drift taking us north. We had some fun times on the water with the Barbie poles. I must have caught at least 15 small lingcods. When fishing was slow there was a whale circling us and spouting with an occasional tail slap.   
2011 Oregon Rockfish Classic – 1st place
2013 Oregon Rockfish Classic - 1st place

2011 Hobie Outback     
2013 Hobie Revo 13     
2014 Hobie Adventure Island

Adam12

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Nov 2012
Great to see everyone again this year.  Lil' sporty mid day but still great to be on the water.  Many thanks to the sponsors and especially all the folks that donated time to cut, cook, cleanup etc.  Can't wait for next year!
Adam

Red Revo13

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011
winners

Nice pic of the winner's circle.
 And those must be some of the prizes they are holding--- fishin' poles, a nice smoker. And it's hard to tell what else you guys are holding. Congratulations to all the winners. I hope everyone that made it feels like a winner.

By next year I hope to have my medical crap figured out and fixed so I can join in again.

ndogg---- is that a "Barbie Crown" you're wearing ???
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 07:08:38 AM by Mark Collett »
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

T_Angler

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
I had an absolute blast! For my first ORC all I wanted to do was place in the top ten and I accomplished it. The pic of me is the white camo ocean kayak! The ling weighed just over 12lbs and placed me at number 8! Hahaha I'm still hyped up even sitting here on my couch. My name is Patrick Wright and I came over from Roseburg! Thank you everyone who put this event on! It was everything I expected! Here is the stuff I won!
2015 ORC 8th place
2015 AOTD 5th place

Long_Shot

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
Here is a report from a first timer.

My son (Zac) and I fished the tournament for the first time. We had not taken the kayaks in the ocean before so I started a thread a few days before the tournament asking for a little help on Friday for a warm-up fishing trip. Fred "True" Trujillo offered to give us some assistance and he did just that. We showed up at the ramp on Friday before 6 am and he was already there waiting. The coast guard folks did a safety inspection on our yaks and he patiently waited. We (and a couple other yakers) then followed Fred through the hole and out to the fishing grounds. It didn't take too long for my son and I to catch a couple nice blacks and then I hooked into a nice ling. The fish ended up being about 38" and over 20 lbs and tasted excellent. Thank you very much Fred for the confidence builder.

The conditions on Saturday were not as good for me because the currents and wind were both stronger than the day before and I did not take the appropriate gear for the conditions (not heavy enough) so I wasn't able to connect with another nice ling. My son however, was smart enough to take some heavier jigs and he caught a nice limit of rockfish. We both had a great time though and we can't wait to get back to the ocean. There were lots of close encounters with whales and other sea life and there were even a couple of salmon caught on rockfish gear.

We met some great people, the event organizers did a great job, the fish taco meal was excellent and lastly, thank you sponsors for all the donations.

I'll try to post a picture of Fridays catch.