Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 03:41:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jed
[Today at 03:39:33 PM]

by jed
[Today at 03:38:15 PM]

[Today at 01:07:12 PM]

[Today at 12:36:33 PM]

[Today at 12:35:09 PM]

[May 20, 2024, 11:40:28 AM]

by [WR]
[May 18, 2024, 04:51:53 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 08:35:26 PM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Can A Texan Catch A Salmon At Bouy 10 August 15th ?  (Read 4207 times)

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2015
I was happy just to survive. Thanks to the whole party for taking a newb under their wing (and MC for the Outback loaner !) It was a blast and I learned a ton.

I now know a bit more about what conditions look like and what they'll be like.

Gotta say if you go out on that piece of water without a pedal craft, you need your head examined. Tides are powerful and you gotta be able to make headway against them and also the wind.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Punctuation. It saves lives.

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011

Thanks to everyone that came out Saturday to help Art try to get his salmon. Even if he did kinda take off on his own. That's okay. He knows we were all pulling for him.
  Sorry about the Mirage Drive fail Pinstriper. New parts are ordered . And thanks to Shannon and Jay for stepping up and paddling when the drive failed.
Paddling the Outback would not have been a good thing at all.
  Glad you got a taste of a Hobie Pinstriper. Next time all will be working and you'll be a bit more comfortable . Fishing will continue  to get better the next couple of months so I hope we can have another try. Plus you should pick up a few hints at Jeff's clinic. Learn all you can. Your confidence will only grow.
And you will survive...

Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

dberd

• Salmon
Sorry about the lack of fish guys. ..looks like Hammond is more consistent right now. When the coho get here in numbers, it's gonna be fun.
Care to elaborate on the Mirage fail? Man.. I worry about that all the time out there. Paddling the Outback is not gonna work for me out there...been scouting downstream pullouts, lol.
" History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man"  BOC

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Gotta say if you go out on that piece of water without a pedal craft, you need your head examined. Tides are powerful and you gotta be able to make headway against them and also the wind.

kykfshr is out there at B10 slaying the nooks all the time in his Ocean Kayak. I believe he rode them all the way out to Buoy 10 yesterday (not or the feint of heart). He even gave me a couple tips on Thursday to hone in on the nooks. Spot does so, as well. You just really need to understand the tides, current, wind, and then use them to your advantage. Then, have an escape plan. Which on the south side, at least where I like to fish, is pretty much any stretch of shoreline. It took Ndogg and me two to three years to really figure it out and that is what made it fun. There was a couple times we headed to shore or safety reasons and waited for things to die down. That is how we discovered an awesome launch. The first thing I learned was do not forget a net. It is hard to net your first ever kayak salmon without one.

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
Sorry about the lack of fish guys. ..looks like Hammond is more consistent right now. When the coho get here in numbers, it's gonna be fun.
Care to elaborate on the Mirage fail? Man.. I worry about that all the time out there. Paddling the Outback is not gonna work for me out there...been scouting downstream pullouts, lol.

The fail on my Mirage Drive was on the Outhaul Block. That's the plastic piece that connects the fins shaft and fins to the entire unit. It broke on the side where the tension adjustment screw is. Thankfully it's less than $5.00 to replace. Plus the time to tear it apart and put it back together. I've never done that before so it will be a learning thing for me. You all might want to take a close look at your own drives for small cracks or other abnormalties. Just in case. I know we can neglect to do that during seasons heat.
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

anything