Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:25:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jed
[Today at 05:39:20 PM]

[Today at 08:40:31 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Alaska sportsman show march 29 to April 1  (Read 3521 times)

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Anyone going? Anyone care to meet up for a cup of coffee and some chit chat?
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
I might go. I want to get a small harpoon set up. Do you think they will have fish finders there?

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
Yup. They will have pretty much everything. Maybe not something specific but it's pretty diverse.

Let me know. I should be able to get time almost anytime for a few hours.  Busy as heck, but not a deadline driven week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

akfishergal

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
I'll be going. There's a couple of seminars I'm interested in attending. Plus, I have a whole list of items to look for show deals on, comparing prices against online options... Provided my responsibilities don't get in the way of my plans for some fun, I would enjoy a cup of coffee if we're there at the same times.  I'll probably attend one of John Beath's halibut seminars, and maybe the Fish & Game presentation on King salmon fishing in lower Cook Inlet...  Just now going through the supplement in the Daily News.  Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday are the only times I have clear to attend.

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
Friday afternoon/evening is my best window of opportunity.

guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

akfishergal

• Salmon
I'll PM my contact info. You can text me when you get to the show Friday, and I'll buy the java if I'm in the Sully.

AKS2000

• Herring
  • Date Registered: May 2009
I'd love to meet up with all you folks, but I'm going to be out of town.  Shucks!!

AK Yak Atak

• Herring
  • So....Let the break up begin!!!!!
  • Date Registered: May 2011
I will be there looking for a fishfinder as well on Saturday! i am buying another Kayak this weekend but debating on which one i want. Also Fellas! If any of you are looking for a Tarpon 140 in good shape for 650.00 up here in Alaska i know a guy who has one he needs to get rid of. let me know and i will get you in touch with him.
The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

AK-Yakster

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011
OK,  I haven't met any of you all yet (except Rudy briefly in Seward) but I'm all kayak'd up and ready to fish.  I'd love to get together and get some AK yak fishing tips.  I've done yak fishing in WI and MO, but never big water.   I'll be at that the Sportsman's Show on Saturday and could do coffee.   

Looking forward to tight lines and sleigh rides.......

AK-Yakster
(Mike)
Yeah....I'm a kayak geek.....

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
My Friday might be an issue but I think I can still make it. Saturday would have to be in the afternoon after 2pm. Of course I'm the type to maybe go both days! Lol.

Pumped we are seeing more interest up here in Alaska!!!

guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

AK Yak Atak

• Herring
  • So....Let the break up begin!!!!!
  • Date Registered: May 2011
PM me for my contact info or call the Air Force recruiting office in the Dimond Mall and ask for Matt. I would love to get together and grab a coffee. Saturday is awesome for me as friday night i have to present awards to all of the high school JROTC units out there lol.
The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

akfishergal

• Salmon
Gents,
Just returned from the Sportsman's Show, though I'll return tomorrow just for grins.  For what it's worth, I learned that the Penn/Abu Garcia rep at the B&J booth will deal, and ended up shaving enough to make it worth while to pick up a Penn Defiance 40 Level Wind reel and an Ugly Stick Tiger Lite rod.  Not a great bargaining environment, but chat them up enough and you can wheedle down the prices about 10% more. 

ALSO, for those of you in the market for a fish finder, the guy with the LH French Co who is repping Hummingbird there will be selling a 345i for $200 at the end of the show on Sunday.  That's a pretty good deal, no matter. His booth is in the Sully. 

Saw another reel at Mountain View's booth that I really liked: Shimano Torium. Anybody got some intelligence on that reel's performance to share? 

Lastly, don't bother asking the fella at the Anchor Point Chamber booth when the derby will be held.  He looked at me like I was from Mars, and then said it was probably going to be held 2 weeks before the Fourth of July.  Hello?  I think the interpretation to that is, "I don't know." 

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
I tried at 4pm and couldn't find parking. A guide that works out of anchor point told me the derby is may 12 but he is confirming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

kallitype

• Sturgeon
  • Vashon Island kayaker
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
looks like you're set for reel / rod now??  The Torium is a very good reel, Shimano one of the top 3 names in reels for reliability and customer service.
Never underestimate the ability of our policymakers to fail to devise and implement intelligent policy

Akfishin

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Mar 2012
All you folks already setup, I'm jealous. I have to sell my osprey then I'm in the kayak market for sure and will be joining your ranks...  I'm thinking adventure island...

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?n0ovgr