Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 10:00:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:23:17 PM]

[Today at 09:19:09 AM]

[May 04, 2024, 11:31:01 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 07:01:25 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 04:21:47 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 05:31:42 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Seward kayak fishing  (Read 2815 times)

AK Yak Atak

• Herring
  • So....Let the break up begin!!!!!
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Well its been a while since i posted but i thought i would let the fellow AK kayak fishermen in on my luck. Caught 18 total of which 10 were halibut. Rudy.......You know where i am about to talk about and well it was awesome. just went down the bank at  Fourth of july creek about 60-75 yds out in about 40-60 ft of water with a Pink P-line metal jig 6 oz bounicing the bottom. biggest was 38 inches and it claimed my fishfinder once on board lol ( broke the mount and bent the inputs lol). Still no 50lber but i believe it is possible down that bank. Lots of chicken butts but my average was about 19-26 inches. Also landed 4 nice tiger rockfish and some huge p-cod. One last thing......Hooked up with something that got me going into the wind with the 3 ft waves and had to cut the line .....sucked but i didnt feel like swimming back and losing my yak with all of my gear.  Lots of dolphins and a few of the bigger dudes got ahold of some bait on the surface and that was cool. TIGHT LINES ....PEACE
The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
NICE!!!!!!!!  Going to hit Seward soon!  Too crazy this fourth of July weekend.

I tried to get where you mentioned one time but the south wind at 15 mphs was too much for me to make good progress with my mini-x.  As soon as I get my outback, that's where I am headed!  A little later I want to try and water taxi out to fox Island spit. 

Wow!  You cut a line with a fish attached to it?  I am not sure I could do that.  lol. 

Great report.  Thanks!!!!! 
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

dudemandude

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
Sweet! Awesome going dude! I would love to get into fish like that! I am hoping to get down to either Seward or close to homer this next time off. Congrats on the fish! Any pictures?

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
AK YAK ATAK,

Were you able to launch by the creek?  I was hesitant to drive by the "no unauthorized vehicles" sign so I launched out of the campground before the creek.  Adds an extra mile or so to the paddle which with a mini-x is a big deal.  Hopefully not so much with the outback. 

WHERE IS MY &^!%$@! OUTBACK DAMMIT!!!!  lol.  Worse than a kid before Christmas I am telling ya!
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

AK Yak Atak

• Herring
Kardinal....Yes you can launch right by the creek. Dont worry about the sign there are alot of people that go down there. Their were workers that were there asked me how i did and what not so i dont believe it is a problem. Yea and the picture thing is a kind of sore subject when i dropped my new waterproof fujifilm xp in the water when the 38 inch fish went nuts. There were a few people asking me about the area and seen me bringing up fish. Was a great time and i cant wait to go back. I may try to hit it up this sunday but not sure with my schedule.  I will let you guys know when i head back down there. TIGHT LINES...PEACE

AK Yak Atak

• Herring
Last thing....Check out the new issue of FishAlaska. has a great article on shallow water halibut fishing and the reason they come up. i have a friend who caught a very nice 273lb barn door in 23 ft of water near deep creek last year. She said the best thing to use was an agressive jigging pattern and float some plug cut herring on a bottom rig near all of the inlets. The dead salmon are what they are feeding on when they are in that close. makes sense lol

anything