Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:26:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:24:50 PM]

[Today at 02:19:35 PM]

[Today at 01:10:00 PM]

[Today at 11:40:28 AM]

[Today at 10:55:19 AM]

[Today at 10:49:19 AM]

by [WR]
[May 18, 2024, 04:51:53 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 08:35:26 PM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Christmas Island 2013  (Read 5437 times)

Boogie-D

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
Aloha gang! Were in the process of trying to book some dates to Christmas Island for 2013... Looking at tide calenders to coordinate the best new moon phases for fishing... the dates below seam appropriate...

March 12-19 2013
May 7-14 2013

we may also plan an august trip if there is enough intrest... below i have posted the 2013 pricing... The lodge owner and guides really need the work right now and have offered a $200 dollar discount if you book a trip before the end of 2012...

2013 Christmas Island Kayak Fishing Packages

Aloha! Coastal Kayak Tours and the Adventure Dive and Fishing Lodge are offering the best prices on full package fishing trips to Christmas Island. We cater to all types of anglers including Fly Fishing, GT Fishing, Offshore Trolling, Offshore Jigging, Spear Fishing, Scuba Diving and Kayak Fishing. Our fishing packages include a local guide so we can fish anywhere we want to within this protected wildlife sanctuary. Whether you want to fish for bone’s and GT’s inside the lagoon or you want to fish the waters offshore for big game tuna, ono, and sailfish, our local guides can take you there and are amongst the best guides on the island. Or service covers everything you will need for one full week of fishing. We also have 5 fishing kayaks for kayak anglers to use. www.christmasislandkayakfishing.com

Our Fishing Package includes the following: 7 nights of air conditioned lodging , 6 day of fishing, 3 days boat fishing, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, a local guide, and a truck with fuel for your transportation needs. The lodge is comfortable, the food is good, and the fishing here is some of the best in the world. You will really enjoy Christmas Island. More boat days can be added upon request. We wanted to do something good for the local community at the atoll so we established a charitable trust fund for community development. We donate $75 dollars to this trust fund for every angler who books a fishing package with us. So when you book with us not only are you getting a great deal for fishing you are also helping to better the local community. Below is our current pricing thru 2013, but after talking with the lodge owner she is willing to knock off an additional $200 dollars if you book with us before December 31, 2012. Book by the end of the year and save big.

3 Anglers: 3 per room, with 3 days shared boat: $1,575 US dollars per angler.

4 Anglers: 2 per room, with 3 days shared boat: $1,630 US dollars per angler. 

2 Anglers: 2 per room, with 3 days shared boat: $1,850 US dollars per angler.

1 Angler:  1 per room, with 3 days boat: $2,300 US dollars per angler.

Remember $200 dollars off these prices if you book by the end of the year. That's a great deal. To book your trip, please contact David Elgas at guides@coastalkayaktours.com or by calling our office at (808) 638-9100 note: all bookings require a %25 percent deposit and must be paid in full 6 weeks prior to the dates of your arrival. Mahalo

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Rory

• Sturgeon
  • Rory's Internets Audio Blog
  • Date Registered: Jan 2010
I am in for this.  Sent David an email.  It would be cool to get some other NWKAers on board!
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
I am in for this.  Sent David an email.  It would be cool to get some other NWKAers on board!

Let me know what dates you guys are converging on.  I may just guide that trip!

-Allen

Rory

• Sturgeon
  • Rory's Internets Audio Blog
  • Date Registered: Jan 2010
Good question.  It would be cool if you were on the trip.  I said to David I'd go on whichever one was less likely to be windy (not sure if wind/storms kick up at certain times of the year there).  If they're both the same, I'd love to get on the March one.  Would do me good that time of year to get out of the PNW!
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Are there any more dates scheduled? Trying to balance the books and the calendar right now and getting negative numbers until about July '13.
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Are there any more dates scheduled? Trying to balance the books and the calendar right now and getting negative numbers until about July '13.

We are not limited by the set dates that we have.  Those are suggested dates to help gel a trip together.  We can accomodate any date that works for you all.

-Allen

revjcp

• Sturgeon
  • Don't judge me...
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
Ballpark amounts for cost?
Malibu Mini-X

Formers Rides...
OK Trident 13
Hobie Outback

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Ballpark amounts for cost?

3 Anglers: 3 per room, with 3 days shared boat: $1,575 US dollars per angler.

4 Anglers: 2 per room, with 3 days shared boat: $1,630 US dollars per angler. 

2 Anglers: 2 per room, with 3 days shared boat: $1,850 US dollars per angler.

1 Angler:  1 per room, with 3 days boat: $2,300 US dollars per angler.

Remember $200 dollars off these prices if you book by the end of the year. That's a great deal. ...

Plus your airfare to get to CI and back.  $3k $4k is probably reasonable for a total if you pair up with at least one other guy.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:46:25 PM by sumpnz »
2012 ORC 5th Place

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • ADTA.org
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
A couple things to keep in mind.   The dates we have set are for the purposes of getting a group together ... in an attempt to give better pricing instead of the one-sy, two-sy bookings.  We're perfectly willing to take 4 single bookings, pair you up double occupancy, and give you all the 4 pack rate.  Also, your average Christmas Island trip costs $2K per person double occupancy. So our rates are competitive even in the absence of buddying people up.

-Allen

revjcp

• Sturgeon
  • Don't judge me...
shared boat - what does that mean?
Malibu Mini-X

Formers Rides...
OK Trident 13
Hobie Outback

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
shared boat - what does that mean?

You passed kindergarten, right :D?

Just kidding.  It's a matter of whether you get the use of a power boat for just yourself or if there's other guys using it at the same time.
2012 ORC 5th Place

revjcp

• Sturgeon
  • Don't judge me...
Ouch! :)  I didn't realize there was a power boat involved at all.  sharing a yak didn't make sense... so figured I should ask.
Malibu Mini-X

Formers Rides...
OK Trident 13
Hobie Outback

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • ADTA.org
Rev
There are a very limited number of yaks there. 4 if i read the trip reports right. Not all the fishing is done from the yaks , sometimes they are used as point a to b transportation, like many non pacnw guys do, and  there are days ahen the local powered boats mothership the gang with the yaks. Sort of a round robin fish til you drop thing.

Definitely go back and check the christmas island site both boogie and allen have listed below thier signatures. On thr site is a listing of things you should take, which is not set in stone, and theres also travel/ flight info.