Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:54:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:27:54 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 08:37:24 PM]

[Today at 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 07:22:33 PM]

[Today at 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Hello from Queen Anne, Seattle  (Read 1338 times)

damorh74

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Aug 2021
Hello everyone,

After the depressing sight of western rivers this year down to a trickle and reaching historically low flows, I am looking to broaden my fishing experiences from rafts, float tubes, canoes and (ideally) start getting some more experience in the salt.  I’m in the market for the ever-elusive started kayak that can do a bit of everything from which I’m sure I’ll expand into some more specialized directions.   Thanks to all of you who take the time to post and reply, it sure helps the newbies out. 

Cheers, see you out there!

Damien

skayaker2

• Rockfish
  • Since 2010. Formerly known as "skayaker"
  • TAFKAS (The Angler Formerly Known As Skayaker)
  • Date Registered: May 2018
Welcome to NWKA Damien!
Fishing the salt from a kayak opens up a lot of possibilities and also safety considerations.
The next few months are a great time to find used kayaks, people may decide that they did not like kayaking as much as they thought and now they are faced with storage issues after the fair weather  changes. Keep an eye on Craigslist, OfferUp, etc for local listings depending on your budget.
Good luck and welcome again. Lots of info in this pages!

kredden

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
Welcome!  I work at Outdoor Emporium in Seattle selling kayaks (primarily Hobie's).  If you want to stop down some time, I can walk you through the different types of kayaks for fishing as well as the appropriate safety equipment.  I've been fly fishing and using conventional gear off my kayak for years so can talk to the differentes between those as well depending on your preferences.  I'm out most of this week but will be back on Thursday and work on Thu/Fri/Sun/Mon's.

Kevin

bogueYaker

• Lingcod
  • Pace the halls and climb the walls
  • Date Registered: Aug 2019
The next few months are a great time to find used kayaks, people may decide that they did not like kayaking as much as they thought and now they are faced with storage issues after the fair weather  changes. Keep an eye on Craigslist, OfferUp, etc for local listings depending on your budget.

Yeah -- I've seen some killer deals already. They go fairly quickly, which is great for me because I don't need the temptation to buy any more kayaks.

BentRod

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Welcome! 

I think you picked a good time to start looking....I too have seen deals pop up on the classifieds that were unheard of last year....think those who all rushed out for COVID kayaks are now starting to sell.  I get a kick out of "only used a couple times".   

YakHunter

• Salmon
  • Retired!
  • Date Registered: Jun 2020
Welcome to the NWKA Damien.  Lots of good yaks out there, each with their pros and cons.  As mentioned, keep a close watch on your local classifieds/marketplace ads.  Have cash on hand as rigs that are priced right are snapped up quick.  Try before you buy if possible.   
Hobie PA14
Hobie Outback
Hobie Adventure Island
Hobie Tandem Island
Jackson CudaHD
BlueSky 360 Angler