Forum > Product Discussions

Roof Rack Help

(1/3) > >>

Asully503:
I am looking for suggestions on a roof rack accessory to store my kayak right side up on my truck canopy. I always transported it upside down and kinda jimmied/bounced it forward onto the rack (sometimes pretty forcefully). Over time, the rubber on my Thule rack has deteriorated and chipped away and has started popping out of the track system it rests in. This has become super frustrating to deal with when loading/unloading. I also think me being rough bouncing the kayak forward lead to an early demise of my Garmin transducer (which I just had to replace).

I am looking for an easy solution to buy online for a 2020 Hobie Outback. I have been looking at Rack Attack online at the Yakima DeckHand, Yakima EvenKeel or Thule 895 DockGrip. Does anybody have any experience with these? Pictures and/or other recommendations are welcomed.

hdpwipmonkey:
I dont know anything about the ones you asked about but I do use the Thule Dockglide.  They are similar to the Dockgrip but they have felt covered pads in the back instead of rubber.  This allows you to slide the kayak on those felt pads.  I also use the Rhino Rack T-Loader to help get the boat up onto the rack on my truck.

Mojo Jojo:
Huli roller I believe is the one that has two wheels at the back and cradles at the front. I used a Malone seawing on our Outback, not sure how it would be on a Hobie up that high.

Mojo Jojo:
The seawing has a slide out stinger that has rubber pads that sat on the liftgate edge. Was pretty easy to heave that tank on an Outback. Didn’t look to see where you be, but if you wanted to text fit mine on your rig before you buy let me know…. And no I won’t sell mine 😝
Edit: Beaverton ain’t that far from Tillamook let me know if you want to try it out, after you do some fishing!

Mojo Jojo:

--- Quote from: Mojo Jojo on May 20, 2023, 08:51:28 AM ---The seawing has a slide out stinger that has rubber pads that sat on the liftgate edge. Was pretty easy to heave that tank on an Outback. Didn’t look to see where you be, but if you wanted to test fit mine on your rig before you buy let me know…. And no I won’t sell mine 😝

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version