Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:53:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:31:18 AM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Elliott Bay Saturday July 15  (Read 4735 times)

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Thinking of hitting Elliot Bay on Saturday morning as the bay opens up this weekend.  Anyone interested?  Am planning to launch from Armeni Ramp at the crack of dawn.

I think I'm going through fishing withdrawals.  Spent the week in Cazadero, CA but didn't get a chance to wet a line as the ocean conditions were windy and choppy.

-Allen

pjrflyguy

• Perch
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Allen,

I may see you out there.  I rigged my Yak with a Matrix 17 FF and I need to road test it before the Derby.  Did anyone catch that story in the Seattle Times this AM about that algae bloom that killed a bunch of net pen salmon?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003118976_plankton11m.html

Pete

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
I didn't catch that article, but did you see this one, on an even bigger bloom offshore, but a different species.
 ... http://www.physorg.com/news70883403.html

See those green/blue streaks?

I use that Matrix 17 too.  How did you rig the transducer?

-Allen

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Heh!  It looks like I'll be doing a live on-the-water interview via cell phone for "Northwest Wild Country" which airs on AM 950 KJR between 6 and 8 AM.  If you're not fishing with us and have a chance to tune in and perhaps record the show for me, I'd really appreciate it.  Let me know if you can do this.

-Allen

pjrflyguy

• Perch
Allen- 

I will look for you on the water around 0530.   I have a soccer practice at 9AM, so I will only be fishing til around 8 at the latest.  Regarding the transducer - I mounted mine with Marine Goop inside of a block of foam on the inside of the hull.

Pete

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Cool deal Pete.  I'm meeting a buddy at 4:45 at the ramp.  We should be hitting the water around 5:15-5:30.  Reports today had 2/3 fish per boat most in the 12-15# range.

-Allen

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Things slowed down on Saturday.  I took a friend (Ted) out for his first yak fishing trip.  He'll be at Snow Creek.  The biggest excitement of the day was when he snagged someones downrigger.  He started on quite the sleigh ride, the other guy didn't even know he was snagged up.  A few dogfish was all I had to show.  I had one bite of the "right kind" but it didn't stick.

Pete, you must have zigged when we zagged, because the next thing I knew you were far away and I was on the phone for the interview.  It was quite the experience doing the interview.  I had boaters buzzing me and calling out my name as they were listening to the show!

-Allen

pjrflyguy

• Perch
Allen,

Yes- given the short amount of time that I had to fish, I had to work my way back to the ramp right after I said hello on the water.  I missed the interview, but I caught the plug for the website as I was heading out to soccer.   I didn't see any fish being netted while I was on the water, I did see a nice 15-20 lb King come off of a boat as I was pulling my yak out. What depth were you fishing when you had the real thing hit? 

I may try to hit Jeff Head later this week, as I heard that the coho fishing was very good in the rips over there.  Coho are much easier to fish for with the flystick!  Area 9 opened on Saturday as well, so I may also try to hit Lagoon Pt., Fort Casey, or Bush Pt.  Too bad work keeps getting in the way!!!

Later-

Pete

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Did you ever get out to Jeff Head?  I'm hearing good reports from there for silvers.  Also some reports for silvers out of Shilshole.  Most of the boats are running across to Jeff Head, but a few are finding some from Meadow Pt to West Point outside the closed portion of the bay.

-Allen