Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:30:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:15:34 AM]

by jed
[Today at 07:03:59 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: K.I.S.S.  (Read 3380 times)

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Keep It Simple Salmon

I asked a few folks for a simple grilled salmon recipe on my way home from work last night.

Got a few suggestions, but Fungunnin's won.

He suggested just salt and dill.

I tweaked it a little.  Very lightly coated the fillet in Soy Sauce, then added salt, dill, and lemon pepper (all in very sparing amounts).

Pre-heated the grill to 450+ and seared the meat side and turned it down to around 300 and let the magic happen.

20 minutes later I was lovin it.  The Wife had tiger prawns and our side was marinated artichoke hearts (also grilled).

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
Pictures or it didn't happen

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Justin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Do you have any problems cooking fish directly on the grill?  Sticking, breaking, cleaning?
aka - JoeSnuffy

Stand UP! Stand Up and Shout!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OutdoorsJustin?feature=mhee

Dray

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
Looks awesome
Dave

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
Do you have any problems cooking fish directly on the grill?  Sticking, breaking, cleaning?

None, zero.  Ceramic coated grill and I turn the flame way down and spray pam on it right before I throw the meat on.  I turn the heat back up as soon as I'm done spraying.  (if you don't turn the heat down the Pam turns into a torch)

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Yummy!  Looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
What'd you marinate those artichokes in.

It all looks yummy.  I haven't had breakfast yet.  Time to walk over to the fridge ...

-Alle

dberd

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Looks great,Lee! Thats how I like it,varying herbs a little,maybe a little butter to brown. Also like to get some alder chips smoking with lid down for a few minutes!

None, zero.  Ceramic coated grill and I turn the flame way down and spray pam on it right before I throw the meat on.  I turn the heat back up as soon as I'm done spraying.  (if you don't turn the heat down the Pam turns into a torch)
Or, a paper napkin with cooking oil cleans/lubricates grill nicely.
" History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man"  BOC

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
I marinated the artichokes in kirkland sauce.   ;D

Pelagic

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Looks great,Lee! Thats how I like it,varying herbs a little,maybe a little butter to brown. Also like to get some alder chips smoking with lid down for a few minutes!

Or, a paper napkin with cooking oil cleans/lubricates grill nicely.

Or slice an onion in half at the equator, stick a fork in the root end,  dip the cut side in the oil of your choice, then use the cut, oiled face of the onion to lube the grill.  Flavor and no sticky all in one package.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Or slice an onion in half at the equator, stick a fork in the root end,  dip the cut side in the oil of your choice, then use the cut, oiled face of the onion to lube the grill.  Flavor and no sticky all in one package.

+1

-Allen

Fungunnin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010

+1

-Allen

I just keep a tub of Crisco next to the grill. It works great and keeps the cast iron well seasoned.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Skidplate

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2012
Another KISS "recipe" for salmon.

Just lightly brush the non-skin side with mayo and then throw it on the grill. Done.

I had to try it to believe it - it's great. Try it on a little piece first if you're afraid of ruining good salmon; you might add it to your favorite recipes. I have.
My wife thinks fishing is merely guys wandering around like idiots swinging sticks in the air. Many of my trips prove how smart she really is.

Dray

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
The only way I can get my picky niece to eat salmon is to brush with soy sauce and grill, then sprinkle the top with a bit of brown sugar a couple minutes before finishing.  The sugar melts and blends nicely with the fish.

Gonna try the mayonnaise...sounds interesting.  Love the onion to oil the grill trick also.
Dave

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Another KISS "recipe" for salmon.

Just lightly brush the non-skin side with mayo and then throw it on the grill. Done.

I had to try it to believe it - it's great. Try it on a little piece first if you're afraid of ruining good salmon; you might add it to your favorite recipes. I have.

Another variation to this is to add a bit of soy sauce and that sriracha sauce (ground hot pepper and garlic paste you see at pho restaurants) to the Mayo. Mmmm...mmmm....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

anything