Forum > KayakFishingMagazine.net

Something Big IS HERE

<< < (2/2)

Pinstriper:

--- Quote from: Hooper on July 09, 2016, 09:19:25 PM ---Why does the pic  show the guy holding on with both hands if "unrivaled hands free control and fishability"? I'm confused.

--- End quote ---

Looks like on hand on the rudder.

That's pretty sporty water, and a bridge piling nearby.

At 36" wide and 118# this is best compared to a PA, than any of the other Hobies.

It's a shame it doesn't sound like the drive can be dropped into existing Predator 13's.

craig:

--- Quote from: Hooper on July 09, 2016, 09:19:25 PM ---Why does the pic  show the guy holding on with both hands if "unrivaled hands free control and fishability"? I'm confused.

--- End quote ---

I have my hands down like that in my Hobie, too. It is a comfortable position.  Personally, I am glad to see more competition in the pedal drive market. I have always said, the best/sexiest combo would be a pedal drive in an Ocean Kayak (Old Town). Their hulls are superior IMHO. I wish the option was available for the OK Trident or Prowler 13.

INSAYN:

--- Quote from: craig on July 10, 2016, 06:19:40 PM ---

--- End quote ---

I have my hands down like that in my Hobie, too. It is a comfortable position.  Personally, I am glad to see more competition in the pedal drive market. I have always said, the best/sexiest combo would be a pedal drive in an Ocean Kayak (Old Town). Their hulls are superior IMHO. I wish the option was available for the OK Trident or Prowler 13.

--- End quote ---

+1 but also on the OK T15 hull. Obviously it would have to surrender all or part of the rod pod to make this happen.   

bsteves:
Sadly for us who like fishing in the Ocean and rivers of the Pacific Northwest, I think the bass anglers are driving the market.  Being able to stand is currently deemed most important at a cost of extra weight, slower hulls, and poorer performance in surf.

I hope this model does well enough to warrant expansion into the Ocean Kayak Tridents. 

rogerdodger:
Something Big IS HERE:  Mirage Drive 180.  efficiency, shallow drive feathering, and reverse.  and appears backwardly compatible with all Hobies.   boo yah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version