Forum > Product Discussions

HUMMINBIRD RF 35

(1/3) > >>

INSAYN:
Why wouldn't this work for a Kayak?  Seems like it would cover most water depths that I would encounter, shows water temp, depth, and da fishy's.
Figure it could be strapped to the center of the paddle, and attach the finder itself to the anchor trolly an tow, or off the back of the yak and tow.

http://www.bestfishfinder.com/fish-finder-humminbird-rf-35.html

please_send_rescue:
I looked into getting this a while back.  Didn't really find anyone that had used it on kayaks, read a couple reviews about it working great initially and then intermittently then on after..

Let us know if you decide to go with it, or find out anything else.  I'm in the market for a FF...

bsteves:
I think that fish finder is best suited for the bankie you wants information about depth within casting distance.  The transducer is actually meant to be cast out and the depth information is sent to the watch like unit.

It would work, but the screen has such poor resolution that all you'd really get was a general sense of depth.  With a more traditional fish finder you'll get a lot more resolution and more detail about the bottom structure, fish locations, bait, etc..

As for the price, there are plenty of regular fish finders in the sub-$100 market that would work much better.

Brian

ZeeHawk:
What B said.

Z

Spot:
You know, I think that if you ran it on a 4ft leader behind a flasher with a 4/0 trebble, you could cover two bases at once.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version