Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:41:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Lake trout fishing on Lindbergh Lake  (Read 6925 times)

pmmpete

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
I caught a 33", a 29", and a 25.5" lake trout on Lindbergh Lake on June 11.

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Big trout in Big Sky Country! Nice fish and a beautiful place to fish! I might have to talk TLW into a micro vacation your direction.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Noob Noob

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jun 2019
I caught a 33", a 29", and a 25.5" lake trout on Lindbergh Lake on June 11.

Man, those are some monsters! Sure beats the little rainbows I pulled in off of the dock yesterday (Echo Lake in Shoreline, WA). Great photos too - beautiful blue lake water with that view of the Rockies... spectacular!
"It's OK to eat fish because they don't have any feelings."  ~ Kurt Cobain

pmmpete

• Sturgeon
I caught two lake trout on Lindbergh Lake today, one of them 32 inches long. The lake trout fishing on Lindbergh Lake is a lot slower than the lake trout fishing on Flathead Lake, because there are a lot fewer lake trout in Lindbergh Lake, but it's a pretty lake and fun fishing.

pmmpete

• Sturgeon
On May 24 I caught three lake trout on Lindbergh Lake (27.5", 28", and 28.5").

pmmpete

• Sturgeon
On July 4 I caught a 33", 29", and 28" lake trout on Lindbergh Lake. The flesh of lake trout from this lake has a rich orange color, and they're particularly tasty.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 10:25:38 PM by pmmpete »

Helium Head

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Thanks for the EYE CANDY!
Hobie Revolution 13 olive
Hobie Revolution 13 yellow

YakHunter

• Salmon
  • Retired!
  • Date Registered: Jun 2020
I caught two lake trout on Lindbergh Lake today, one of them 32 inches long. The lake trout fishing on Lindbergh Lake is a lot slower than the lake trout fishing on Flathead Lake, because there are a lot fewer lake trout in Lindbergh Lake, but it's a pretty lake and fun fishing.

Its ironic that you are from Montana sharing your photos on NWKA.  Being from another landlocked state (Wyoming) I appreciate seeing your success.  I am working on setting myself up for laketrout jigging for Flaming Gorge.  I only picked up one 28" trolling on Labor Day weekend.  Need to set up for jigging since the fish are generally down at least 100'.   
Hobie PA14
Hobie Outback
Hobie Adventure Island
Hobie Tandem Island
Jackson CudaHD
BlueSky 360 Angler

pmmpete

• Sturgeon
Its ironic that you are from Montana sharing your photos on NWKA.  Being from another landlocked state (Wyoming) I appreciate seeing your success.  I am working on setting myself up for laketrout jigging for Flaming Gorge.  I only picked up one 28" trolling on Labor Day weekend.  Need to set up for jigging since the fish are generally down at least 100'.
The Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes have produced some videos and brochures which are excellent sources of information about lake trout fishing.  The videos are very useful, and the brochures are outstanding.  The videos and brochures ("companion PDFs") are available under the "movies" tab on the Mack Days website.  Or you can ask Cindy Benson (cindyb@cskt.org) to send you a free set of 2 DVDs and copies of the brochures, although she's pretty tied up now with the Fall Mack Days and may not get back to you soon.  There are certainly differences between lake trout fishing on Flathead Lake and lake trout fishing on other lakes. For example, for much of the year, lake trout tend to be a lot deeper in Flathead Lake than they are in many other lakes.  In the Spring, 170-240 feet is the most productive depth to jig.  But despite those differences, I think you'll find the videos and brochures very helpful.

I have caught lake trout by jigging on Flaming Gorge, but I also caught a surprising number of lake trout when I was downrigger trolling for kokanee, using typical kokanee lures and flashers or dodgers. I was trolling at the depth where I was seeing schools of kokanee, which I recall was about 30-50 feet down. 

In Flaming Gorge, the big surprise for me was when I was jigging for lake trout in about 75 feet of water in Sheep Creek Bay, and caught several lake trout which had stomachs jammed full of crayfish.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 01:48:24 PM by pmmpete »

YakHunter

• Salmon
  • Retired!
  • Date Registered: Jun 2020
The Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes have produced some videos and brochures which are excellent sources of information about lake trout fishing.  The videos are very useful, and the brochures are outstanding.  The videos and brochures ("companion PDFs") are available under the "movies" tab on the Mack Days website.  Or you can ask Cindy Benson (cindyb@cskt.org) to send you a free set of 2 DVDs and copies of the brochures, although she's pretty tied up now with the Fall Mack Days and may not get back to you soon.  There are certainly differences between lake trout fishing on Flathead Lake and lake trout fishing on other lakes. For example, for much of the year, lake trout tend to be a lot deeper in Flathead Lake than they are in many other lakes.  In the Spring, 170-240 feet is the most productive depth to jig.  But despite those differences, I think you'll find the videos and brochures very helpful.

I have caught lake trout by jigging on Flaming Gorge, but I also caught a surprising number of lake trout when I was downrigger trolling for kokanee, using typical kokanee lures and flashers or dodgers. I was trolling at the depth where I was seeing schools of kokanee, which I recall was about 30-50 feet down. 

In Flaming Gorge, the big surprise for me was when I was jigging for lake trout in about 75 feet of water in Sheep Creek Bay, and caught several lake trout which had stomachs jammed full of crayfish.

That's a lot of crawfish.  I might want to create a dropper with my fly tying supplies.  Could be interesting.  Thanks for the information on the videos and Cindy's contact information.  Always looking to learn more.
Hobie PA14
Hobie Outback
Hobie Adventure Island
Hobie Tandem Island
Jackson CudaHD
BlueSky 360 Angler

anything