Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:10:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:27:54 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 08:37:24 PM]

[Today at 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 07:22:33 PM]

[Today at 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: HOW PDX - Volunteers Needed - 6/10 - Lacamas Lake - 7:30AM  (Read 2487 times)

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Hi Everyone,

We're looking for a few volunteers that aren't headed to Tillamook. We are having an event with a group from the Vancouver VA Hospital. Volunteers should arrive by 7:30am with Veterans arriving at 8:30am.

If you don't have a Washington fishing license it's OK we have you covered. We'll be targeting bass and trout over in Round Lake. We'll wrap things up sometime between 2:00-3:00 depending on the weather and when we break for lunch.

Just a friendly reminder that all HOW events are alcohol/drug free. We had reports that a first time volunteer showed up with beer at our last event. Other volunteers set him straight to our strict policy in short order. This next event involves service men and women currently in recovery. We only have 2 hard and fast rules. Wear your PFD at all times while on the water and no booze.

Hope we can get a few volunteers to help out.

Thanks,
Anthony

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Alyssa

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
If I didn't have a prior engagement, I would.

Semi-related: Do you hold many events in SW Washington?

I'm a vet myself (actually going back to school in fall for social work with long-term career goal of hopefully serving vets) and would be open to volunteering at future events in SW Washington (I do not possess an Oregon fishing license).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:58:10 PM by Alyssa »

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon

I'm a vet myself (actually going back to school in fall for social work with long-term career goal of hopefully serving vets) and would be open to volunteering at future events in SW Washington (I do not possess an Oregon fishing license).

We have always wanted to do 2 per year with this group, but haven't ever done more than one. Washington has far less barriers than Oregon in relation to what we do.

Send us an email, Portland@heroesonthewater.org and just say "add me."

YippieKaiyak

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Same boat (booked), but just emailed the list.  I haven't been to Lacamas since I was a teen on a jetski, but I really want to make it to one of these events and help out others.  It took me five years to start talking to people again.  I know we can speed up the process by helping these guys and gals with connecting.
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.

Alyssa

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017

We have always wanted to do 2 per year with this group, but haven't ever done more than one. Washington has far less barriers than Oregon in relation to what we do.

Send us an email, Portland@heroesonthewater.org and just say "add me."

Email sent! :)

If you hold a second event in Washington this year, I am all in! That, or I will just need to cough up the cash for an Oregon license.

With Washington having less barriers, it would be great to hold more events here and I would love to assist in any way I can.

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
(bump)

We could use a few more volunteers. I've seen pictures of big bass caught in Round Lake. Volunteer and maybe upgrade your AOTY submission?

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
We had a volunteer that had to cancel. We could use another volunteer if anyone has some free time tomorrow.

Thanks,
Anthony

anything