Forum > Montana Kayak Fishing

Mack Days needs a new category: biggest recovered fishing pole

(1/2) > >>

pmmpete:
I've never caught the most lake trout or the biggest lake trout during the Mack Days fishing derby on Flathead Lake.  One time I caught a tiny lake trout which I thought might have a chance of being the smallest lake trout, but was demoralized to discover that it wasn't even close to being the smallest lake trout (the small lake trout winner in Fall 2018 was 137mm, which is about 5 3/8 inches). However, today I caught a fishing pole.  It was covered with moss, and clearly had been lying on the bottom of Flathead Lake for a long time.  I'll bet I'm the only Mack Days participant to have caught a fishing pole this fall.  I suggest that the organizers of Mack Days create a new category: biggest recovered fishing pole.  I would have a chance of winning that category.

INSAYN:
I say clean and re-spool that rod/reel and use it in next year's Mack Days derby.  The fishing gods should give you a chance to get on the board at least.  :headbang:

C_Run:
Is that a Mitchell 300?

Tinker:
Nice catch!  Check the books, you might have caught a new State Record fishing pole.  :icon_cheers:

Spot:
That's a spawner.  Throw it back!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version