Forum > Heroes On the Water

OR SB-320

(1/1)

PNW:
I wrote this email to my Oregon State Senator supporting the passage of SB-320, mainly to support HOW.

Dear Senator Manning,

Please support SB 320, which authorizes issuance of group license for angling or shellfish to nonprofit organizations serving veterans and other armed forces members.

There are over 20 million veterans in the United States – more than any other country in the world. When these people return from duty, they face a lot of challenges: adjusting to civilian life, finding a job, reconnecting with family and friends. Many have physical injuries that they never recover from. However, for many more, the biggest trauma is in the mind.

About 13.5% of vets suffer from post-traumatic stress. Post-traumatic stress, depression, and anxiety can take a heavy toll on former service members. The government allocates billions of dollars to mental health services for veterans, but traditional treatments don’t always work. To fill the gap, some organizations have been taking a new approach: fishing.

There are several 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations in Oregon that support and help improve lives our veterans and their families by holding volunteer-led, regularly scheduled fishing events. Many of these veterans, as well as the non-profit organizations who help support them, would benefit from passage of this bill. I respectfully ask that you support passage of SB 320. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Paul N. Walker

https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2021R1/Measures/Overview/SB320?fbclid=IwAR31sNVckT2hMWSphbV-x5CZti3s2mprgsGi2K113rLWv216UkY9ipPVBlk

hdpwipmonkey:
Thank you Paul.

I will be copying and pasting this into an email to send off to them also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version