Forum > Heroes On the Water

Covid Vaccinations for Veterans

(1/3) > >>

hdpwipmonkey:
A friend of mine let me know that Vets are able to obtain the Covid Vaccination now through the VA.  After doing a little  research I found the following articles.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/senate-passes-bill-allowing-va-to-vaccinate-all-veterans-spouses-1.666209
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1276

He said it was a simple phone call to make both appointments. 

Just want to get the word out.

Drifter2007:
True story, I got mine through the VA a month or so ago for the second shot.

Tinker:
You might have mentioned it, Drifter.  We have a lot of veteran's in this forum and OHA is doing a piss-poor job of getting vaccine distributed.  Right now, I should be fully vaccinated, but I might - MIGHT - see my first vaccine in late May or early June.

If I can call the VA and schedule a vaccination appointment, that information might be important to know.

snopro:

--- Quote from: Tinker on March 20, 2021, 06:31:28 AM ---Right now, I should be fully vaccinated, but I might - MIGHT - see my first vaccine in late May or early June.

--- End quote ---

How do you figure.  Everyone over 16 who wants a vaccine should be able to get it by May 1st. 

I'm going to be eligible on march 29th.  To my surprise I reciently read I have an underlying condition.  I have a barely qualifying BMI.  Pizza and beer intake is paying off.

Tinker:
I don't "figure".  I got that information from the person in charge of vaccinations in my area just yesterday.  Eligibility isn't the same as vaccine availability - fewer than half of the registered 70-year old folks where I live have been vaccinated. There's a limited amount of vaccine around and OHA is trickling it in, 200 doses at a time.

--- Quote from: snopro on March 20, 2021, 08:40:59 AM ---How do you figure.  Everyone over 16 who wants a vaccine should be able to get it by May 1st. 

I'm going to be eligible on march 29th.  To my surprise I reciently read I have an underlying condition.  I have a barely qualifying BMI.  Pizza and beer intake is paying off.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version