Forum > Product Discussions

I bought a second Garage Gator

(1/1)

pmmpete:
A couple years ago I bought a "Garage Gator" electric hoist to lift my Revolution up to the ceiling of my garage for storage.  I've been totally happy with the Garage Gator, so when I bought a Pro Angler, I got a second Garage Gator for it.  In the picture below, I lowered the Pro Angler a couple of feet so you can see the Revolution behind it.

I posted a review of my first Garage Gator at https://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=22180.msg230606#msg230606.

YakHunter:
Nice.  Sure saves valuable floor space.  What are your thoughts on your Revolution vs. your new Pro Angler 12?

pmmpete:

--- Quote from: YakHunter on November 17, 2021, 02:56:43 PM ---What are your thoughts on your Revolution vs. your new Pro Angler 12?

--- End quote ---
The Pro Angler is slower than the Revolution particularly in waves and head winds, heavier than the Revolution and thus a lot of work to move around and car top, and tough to paddle because of its width and because the steering handles get in the way.  I don't think I want to take it in and out through surf, and trolling is a lot of work.  But the 360 drive is awesome for jigging, which is the primary reason I bought it. And it turns quickly and is responsive to steering.

The Revolution is fast, it handles big waves like a kayak (as compared to the PA, which handles them like a small bass boat), it paddles very nicely, and it's light and easy to move around and car top.  When I want to troll or cover distance, I'll use the Revolution.

I wish that Hobie would make an Outback with a 360 drive.  Or a kayak even lighter than an Outback.  I'm afraid I'm going to blow my back out getting the PA onto and off of my SUV.

[WR]:
Pete, it might be time to look for a trailer for the PA...

YakHunter:
My PA either goes in the back of my pickup or the lowest tier on my trailer.  I wouldn't even think of car topping a PA. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version