Forum > Events

Angler of the Year 2022 (AOTY)

<< < (9/9)

Spot:

--- Quote from: Kemfish on January 02, 2023, 09:53:47 AM ---My first AOTY too after moving to Oregon in Spring of 21.  Changed the way I fished a bit.  Spent a lot more time looking for specific fish rather than just hitting a normal cycle of lakes.  Got to a bunch of new lakes looking for big trout and eventually got me into the shallow end of the big salt.  Loved the change in styles and all the new places.  Shoot, I went all the way out to Ana Reservoir from Eugene looking for a Hybrid striper.   Weather and fishing sucked, but talked to a local guy and I ended up at some drying up reservoir in the area catching a pile of nice largemouth and trout in the little water that was left.  Didn't catch a giant trout (jealous of SD2OR's brown and BasinKayak's rainbow) but fished 11 new lakes looking for one and caught a good number of good fish along the way.  Lot of gas money spent headed to the coast or into the mountains.

Already looking for some nicer weather to get out this week. Also scheming a road trip to look for some of those giant yellow perch JED posts every year.

Keith

--- End quote ---

This is what the AOTY is all about.  In the early days, this lead to a lot of 1st water and 1st of a species from a kayak attempts.  I'm glad it's still driving people out of their comfort zones and into more fun fisheries!

-Mark-

snopro:
What's the over/under on how many 200 pointers Jed has yet to turn in? ;D

Congratulations to everyone catching a new species, trying a new technique, or fishing a new body of water.

Drifter2007:
Nah, I don't think so. Now, if Jed had been below 1st place then hell yeah!

Clayman:
Congrats to those who placed high in AOTY this year! I agree, it was fun watching the top standings change back and forth in the closing months of 2022. Placing high takes dedication, and 2022 gas prices must've made it an expensive year for you guys  :o.

Looking forward to seeing what's landed in 2023! Fish on!

jed:
I agree, it was fun to watch the scores for the last few months :D
Congrats to everyone that participated this year and especially those that fished new areas or got personal best catches. Had fun fishing with some competitors this year and hope to fish with more of you this year. Let me know if you plan on heading out East and I'll try to meet up. I'm bummed the gas prices kept me away from the salt but I did get to dial in water closer to home. Walleye on the Columbia is quickly becoming on of may favorite fisheries. Since I'm only 1.5625 points ahead of Snopro on the goat board, my goal for 23 is to find some bigger fish;) Good luck to everyone this year and stay safe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version